Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from a very chilly northeast PA :) I've been lurking for a little while here, but thought I'd finally say hello. I'm a new rider, took the MSF course in late September (need to retake it because I can't do u-turns) and got my bike early October. I managed to get a little riding in before I had to winterize my bike for the season. I'm glad I found these forums since there aren't a lot of places that you can find techical help with the smaller cc Ninjas. My husband also rides. He has an '02 Vulcan 750.

I'm looking forward to chatting and learning a lot :)

Angela

·
Registered
4 Posts
dont feel bad

i took a course too and failed go to the dmv and take it i ve heard from my husband they dont make u do half of what u probably did in your course like u turn in a small box i put my foot down failed by 5 points so this sring im going there to try good luck :grin:

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

dang-ninjagirl gets all the girl riders and we are left with cleaning spokes :grin:

welcome aboard!! :grin:

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Welcome windrider18 :)

Don't feel so bad about winterizing your bike....many of us have had to do the same thing. Just imagine when it warms up enough to get back out there. :)

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Hi Angela and welcome to the forum.

Hint for U turns is to look where you want to go and snap your head in that direction. If you look down or at your front tire you'll more than likely put your foot down.

Daron

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
Practice, practice, practice. That's how I learned to do it. The first couple of times I tried I went way outside the box. Daron's advice is right on; if you don't look hard in the direction you want to go, you won't go there. I also had to practice trying it in first and in second gear before I found the way that worked best for me (which was in second gear, using the friction zone and keeping my foot on the brake).

Nice to see some new gals here. Welcome!

Julie

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
<<"dang-ninjagirl gets all the girl riders and we are left with cleaning spokes">>

Awww, don't feel bad. You'll probably see me in the mechanical/technical forums too. I plan on learning how to do at least some of the maintenance on my bike. I don't know if I'm up to cleaning carbs yet, but I can definitely do stuff like tires, lube my chain, change my oil, air filters, etc. My husband thinks it's neat that I want to learn how to do stuff with my bike.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
<<"Hint for U turns is to look where you want to go and snap your head in that direction. If you look down or at your front tire you'll more than likely put your foot down.">>

I had the head turns and stuff. I actually think my problem was that I didn't give the bike enough throttle. It may be easier with my bike verses the Suzuki GZ250's we had in class. The GZ's have a fat front tire which I've learned can make handling a bit more difficult. It's too bad my MSF program doesn't have any Ninjas to use. I'd snap that one up in a heartbeat :)

Angela

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you everyone

I just wanted to say thank you for all of your welcomes. I'm looking forward to spring :)

Angela

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
welcome aboard wind, i look forward to spring too

·
Registered
13 Posts
windrider18 said:
Hello from a very chilly northeast PA :) I've been lurking for a little while here, but thought I'd finally say hello. I'm a new rider, took the MSF course in late September (need to retake it because I can't do u-turns) and got my bike early October. I managed to get a little riding in before I had to winterize my bike for the season. I'm glad I found these forums since there aren't a lot of places that you can find techical help with the smaller cc Ninjas. My husband also rides. He has an '02 Vulcan 750.

I'm looking forward to chatting and learning a lot :)

Angela

[immaturity]

0Mlgod HI 2 j00!

lV3l<l< I d pIcz!!!!

[/immaturity]

1 - 20 of 34 Posts