Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Bike-less
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is pretty cool and I hope it'll become publicly available in the future.
New Light Glows For 12 Years (TreeHugger)
Litroenergy is a new type of material that emits light for 12 years without needing electricity or sun exposure. The self-luminous micro-particles are called Litrospheres and are said to be non-toxic and inexpensive. The light is said to be equivalent to a 20 watt incandescent bulb (lumens please?).

The litrospheres give off a continuous illumination, and can be designed to glow in any color. They can be injection molded or added to paint. The company that invented the material, MPK Co., predicts that first applications of Litroenergy will be in safety equipment such as safety tape and life rafts. Currently, the cost to light up a 8 ½ x 11 piece of plastic 1/8” thick is about .35 cents.

·
Vintage bike addict
4,812 Posts
Cool! I was thinking about lighting the bikes more for night riding any way.

·
Spinach Eating Moderator
22,962 Posts
Ooooo, glowy/shiny...*bumps nose* :shock:

·
Poser Proud®
3,778 Posts
Ooooo, glowy/shiny...*bumps nose* :shock:
Looks like some interesting stuff. I'm not sure I would want to put that much paint on my bike though. In Texas in the spring/summer when the bugs are out in force that could be a problem. Just think of coming out of the house at night to go for a ride and having to fight your way through about 10 bizillion June bugs, moths, etc. just to get to the bike. YUK:mad:

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Looks like some interesting stuff. I'm not sure I would want to put that much paint on my bike though. In Texas in the spring/summer when the bugs are out in force that could be a problem. Just think of coming out of the house at night to go for a ride and having to fight your way through about 10 bizillion June bugs, moths, etc. just to get to the bike. YUK:mad:
Just don't use the stuff for toothpaste, and you'll be okay . . .

·
VROC #25645
831 Posts
On the official site, the spray cans specify that "each time the item is exposed to light for 15 minutes, the item will glow in the dark"... not quite what we were initially led to believe.
LED. ha..haha.......bwahahahahahaha.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.