Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed I was getting lots of buffeting in the face at 60 MPH and above on my new 1700 Nomad and then I happened upon a picture of my '05 Nomad and saw why. The buffeting was much less on the '05 because it had bigger lower shields. The lower shields on my 1700 are about half as big as were on the old Nomad. Kawasaki wants $60.00 EACH for just the Plexiglas shields so I drew up a template of one that is similar to the '05's and went to my local Glass company who made me two Lexan shields for a total of $27.00. Problem solved! The buffeting is much less noticeable and the shields look factory fresh. I rode the bike over 100 miles today after installing them and I am very happy with the results, plus I saved $93.00!

Attachments

·
just cruzin by!
1,398 Posts
I noticed I was getting lots of buffeting in the face at 60 MPH and above on my new 1700 Nomad and then I happened upon a picture of my '05 Nomad and saw why. The buffeting was much less on the '05 because it had bigger lower shields. The lower shields on my 1700 are about half as big as were on the old Nomad. Kawasaki wants $60.00 EACH for just the Plexiglas shields so I drew up a template of one that is similar to the '05's and went to my local Glass company who made me two Lexan shields for a total of $27.00. Problem solved! The buffeting is much less noticeable and the shields look factory fresh. I rode the bike over 100 miles today after installing them and I am very happy with the results, plus I saved $93.00!
SWEET!!! i bought some for my 900 and they are SMALL so i will be visiting my local glass shop soon also.Any trouble with them hitting the engine gaurds???

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SWEET!!! i bought some for my 900 and they are SMALL so i will be visiting my local glass shop soon also.Any trouble with them hitting the engine gaurds???
I measured the distance very carefully with my template to make sure they wouldn't touch the bars before I had them made, and they don't! I have about 1/2" clearance.

·
Pass Me Safely!
72 Posts
I installed Edmond Enterprises LLC's lowers on my 2009 Nomad. I rode about 30 miles today and what a difference. I only felt small puffs of air; no more water eyes.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I did the large lowers on my nad it helped some but today I tried the tilt mod on gadgets page and it was night and day better when I tilted it of course it lowered the height so I will raise it up to where it was before the tilt back that should take care of what little is left. I put my hand up just where the helmet met my forehead and could feel the turbulent air just hitting there

1 - 6 of 6 Posts