Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hello All,

I've seen some great information on this forum. The help, tips and advice are great.

There is an opportunity to trade up my 2002 Vulcan 75O, which has been a great bike) (accessories listed in signature block( I hope) for a brand new 2003 Red Mean Streak (some seat damage but I would replace with a Mustang. This would be a keeper for a few years, if not longer. I got to test ride one at CycleFest at Copper Mountain in Colorado. It was awesome and it just "fit". I did another test ride at the dealer, where I bought my current bike. I have all the cost (for the MS) and trade info(KBB for the 750). Dealer says they'll do high value trade.
They're a good dealer. If there was any recall work, they say they have the paperwork to prove it was done. I haven't plugged in the VIN yet.
It's less than selling myself but a lot less hassle. Since I'm new at trading bikes; and definitely a cruiser, more leisurely and relaxed, reentry rider labout a year and half ago, than ripping it up; any comments are appreciated.

The questions is how do accessories affect the trade value?
I haven't really seen any negatives on the MS. Any gotchas for the 2003?

The 04's and 05's look great too but the price might be awesome for the 03 MS(slightly over RTS( ready to sell) cost.

The only thing I don't like is the vent tubes hanging out the bottom but it looks they can be cleaned up with some minor work.

Thanks in advance for any comments and thoughts.

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
trade in

when i traded my magna in i told them what i would need to see for numbers. what i did was give them a number with the accessories and then a number without. i figured out what i could get if i sold the accessories myself and then took it off the number that i really wanted to see. worked out ok. didn't see the number i wanted, but i got a good deal on the nomad so it was worth the trade off. good luck.

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
03 MS

Thanks for the comments. As a lot of the add ons are electrical and the bags are custom molded, most everything will go with the bike. We're going up to look at it again Saturday...and maybe deal if the numbers work. It's been on the floor almost a year. No 04's or 05's available at this shop yet.

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
trade

good time of year for you to be negotiating, but on the flip side, your trade is worth less as well. the final number is the important one, even if you have to take less for your trade but pay less for the bike or vice versa. the final value number is what got me out the door. if i had concentrated on the trade value then i would have missed out on the deal on the nomad and it would have cost me in the long run. plus, it was riding season and i was itching for the new ride, so i had no patience, hehe. good luck negotiating, hoepfully you have a nice new streak soon !

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
New 03 MS

:D SOooooo happy! Brand New Red 2003 Vulcan 1500 Mean Streak

It's a done deal with some extras, slightly over cost, high dealer value for trade ( they already have a customer deposit on the 750), store employee cost for for Mustang seat (studded 3 piece with backrest), 15% off on F&S light bar. It's just the beginning of the list. This is an awesome bike.....I'm still grinning. Even the weather is suppossed to be good this weekend.

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
New 03 MS

:D SOooooo happy! Brand New Red 2003 Vulcan 1500 Mean Streak

It's a done deal with some extras, slightly over cost, high dealer value for trade ( they already have a customer deposit on the 750), store employee cost for for Mustang seat (studded 3 piece with backrest), 15% off on F&S light bar. It's just the beginning of the list. This is an awesome bike.....I'm still grinning. Even the weather is supposed to be good this weekend.

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Opps

Apologies for the double post...not quite sure how I managed that...

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Absolutely gorgeous. Love the color. Good luck wiping that grin off your face any time soon 8)

·
667 Neighbor of the Beast
291 Posts
I have a lime green one and I love it. You'll love yours too and the red is sweet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well I am certain you will love the Streak. I am on my second one. I had an 02, but for some stupidreason I traded it for a ZRX1200. Well, I have come back to my senses and just purchased an 03 Purple Streak. Now all is good with the world again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts