Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 8 years ago I found a KX 80 along side the rode to be picked up by the trash man. I stopped and talked to the owner and he said take it, he was tired of rebuilding it. I tore it down to the frame and replaced about everything possible and had my Kawasaki shop rebuild the engine. I sort of missed the little bike with all I did to it.
Well, after being 40 years old ( almost 41 ) I decided to finally get a dirt bike. My wife said it is a mid life crisis! LOL. I rode sportbikes about 21 years, snowmobiles for about 27 years and ATVs for about 25 years. But, I only rode a dirt bike 2 or 3 times.
I picked up a decent 1999 KX 250 on craigslist, to mess around on. I already ordered all new plastics, graphics, seat cover and some misc. items to make it look better on the outside - plus some paint to touch up the frame. Also, I would like to find some nice rims plus tires for it.
I thought I would really be used to a recreational vehicle being "fast" with all the other things I have or owned but I guess being a whole different toy, I was shocked. I finally had an adrenalin rush that I have beeen looking for!!! I can't believe how quick it is.
I am sure I will have some questions and I honestly hope people can give me their opinions.
This is just a quick picture of it. I know it will look a lot different in the next 3-4 weeks and will post some other pics when about done or totally done.
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I got mostly the cosmetics done on the KX. I think it is looking good so far.
It still needs 2 new tires, front brake lever, left side radiator ( the one on it still is okay, it is just bent a little), front forks ( they also work but have gashes in them) and a new clutch.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
ProjectDan - I do work 50 hours a week at my regular job and then do side work on Saturday and Sundays, so that way, I am able to "blow" money on the bike.

Thanks for the welcome Dirtballer.
what did you happen to do with your old plastics and vinyls i see the two picks you have different plastics and vinyls? just curious i have 2000 kx 250 that could use some graphics.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.