Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, my first post here, not sure if i've posted in the right forum so please move it if it belongs elsewhere

recently bought myself a '93 GTR1000 and have found out my l/h muffler has a decent sized hole in it, not sure of the size because it's behind the heat sheild in the middle of the muffler, the heat shield stops the panniers getting to hot

anyone know of any aftermarket, or second-hand original mufflers for sale?

here in WA i've tried the wreckers in perth, they have 1 pair that are "serviceable" but because of the heat shield it's hard to tell if they're holed or not until they're installed and as i live 2 hrs drive from perth i'd rather leave that to the last resort

so, anyone out there able to help or point me in the right direction?

thanks in advance

edit, opps i think maybe my post belongs in the accesory swap meet

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
GTR 100 Exhaust

Call Oz Cycle Salvage in Ottawa, KS, USA and tell them that Lindsey Angell from Gardner told you to call (Tim or Brad) should know what you are looking for their number is 785 242-0600. If anyone has your part they do...or at least they will direct you to someone that does. I was just there this weekend I and was amazed at at acres of bikes all lined up and all the different makes models of everything there.

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
PARTS

There are listings in the back of most of the Motorcycle magazines as well...Sport Rider, has an excellent selection of dealers that you could call. If you are in to inexpensive repairs you could even fix it with a tube of liquid steel (if it is a hole) or a rivet if you drill it out nicely...you could even measure it and apply a new skin to it from polished aluminum, or sheet metal then paint it with a high temperature paint after you seal it and rivet it in place. Barring the salvage yard you could fix it yourself and save some money, or you could spend more and get a really nice Custom system with Titanium or carbon-fiber cans...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks very much for the helpful suggestions, but i guess i should have made it clear that i'm resident in western australia, our WA, :D not your WA, Washington? :oops:

and yes ljangell, i'll be looking into repairing that's my 1st option, our winter here is a couple of months away yet, but soon as it's here i'll take the muffler off and check out what needs to be done, might even be able to adapt another muffler and hide it under the heatshield

the model i have is known as a GTR1000 in australia, in the states it's known as a Concours

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
GTR1000

AWESOME! Our language uses the same words but they mean different things. Pissed here is upset/mad...but somethimes I'd like to get pissed when I'm not riding for a while like in your country. I visited for a short while in Sydney from a US Navy ship in port. I loved the visit and ALL of the people. GTR1000, hmmm...sounds like a really cool bike...Concours is a translated word that I do understand quite well. WOW!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol, well yeah, some of our words are pretty similar but meanings are completly different.

your pissed = our pissed off

our getting pisssed = your getting drunk

and i get get pissed, both ways!, when i don't get to ride often enough!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts