Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
President, L7 Club
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings everyone. I found this forum when I was provided a link to "Constrictors installation guide to Caddmann's dual air intake mod". I've had my new 2006 Nomad (Black) for a few months now and love it. My previous bike, a 2006 Suzuki Blvd C50T was my first ever and was a GREAT first bike, IMO. I just wanted something a bit heavier for the road and more powerful. I had V&H Bagger exhaust installed upon delivery of the bike, along with a PCIII that's awaiting usefulness when I install the CaddmannQ dual air intake mod shortly after Xmas. Other than that, I have a SpeedoHealer, OEM lightbar and OEM luggage rack on the bike presently. I am SO impressed with how nimble yet powerful this bike is, and what a pleasure it is to cruise on the highway and superslab.

I'm 46, married, step-daughter and enjoy riding as my #1 hobby. I'm kicking myself for not scratching that "I wanna learn to ride a motorcycle" itch 25 years ago when the bug got into my brain. I'm making up for lost time though, as the C50T had 12K miles on it when I traded it in for the Nad.

Don't want to bore you on my first post, so I'll end it here. Glad to be on-board here (I'm also on the KawaNOW forum, same username). I look forward to some fun and informative chat!

Cheers,
Daryl:-D

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi. Welcome to the Site. Keith here.. I got a Vn 900LT. And like it a lot > But Am looking to Get a VN1600 NAd ??? any way welcome. Thank You and Have a Nice Day Keith R. R.

·
President, L7 Club
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Keith. The 900 is similar to my C50T for its class of bike. I wanted a larger, heavier, more powerful bike. I was (am) completely satisfied with the Nomad's nimbleness and agility. For me, it's only slightly more to handle than the C50T was. And THAT was a welcome surprise since admittedly I was a bit afraid of the sheer size of the Nomad. It's an awesome bike and if you decide to get one, I feel certain you'll feel the same. Oh, and be sure to get black since it's the fastest color!!!

Daryl
Steeler fan on the Left Coast!

·
frequently disturbs class
2,220 Posts
noyce!

Welcome Daryl!
That's a fine looking NAD. I just bought an 01 a few weeks ago, and sadly haven't had a chance to ride it much due to our fine December weather. I envy your locale..

Lotsa other nadsters on here as well.

Black is fastest? I didn't get the memo!

·
Spinach Eating Moderator
22,962 Posts
Welcome! This is the only place it's acceptable to say "Hey dude, nice Nad" in public. ;-)

Kudos for posting a pic. :D

·
Registered
231 Posts
Welcome to the site. NOMAD's are great bikes. I got a 07 in the fastest color. Hppy riding.

·
Registered
12,874 Posts
Welcome!!!
Your Nad is GORGEOUS!!!!! :lol:
Hubby just purchased a 2007 a few months ago, but the weather has kept him from racking up many miles yet. So far, though, he just LOVES it!!!
He's making his a solo and it's turning out to look pretty sharp!!! ;)

·
Registered
324 Posts
Welcome

sweet ride and best color too !!

·
President, L7 Club
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everyone! I'm enjoying the heck out of my new Nomad. And I agree, black IS the fastest color!!! Hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Best,
Daryl

·
Registered
325 Posts
Sounds like its unanimous..black is the fastest colour..but I think mine is faster..(black of course)..because I just spent several hrs. polishing and buffing ..lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts