Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all.
i bought a used 99 vulcan 800a its a real nice ride it has 10k on the clock and a small dent on the tank. its got a set of vance and hines drag pipes and some factory drag bars with a corbin saddle with fire and steel floorboards. it also has a set of willie max bags. i just installed a set of drag specialty mirrors and a pair of kuryakin iso flame grips.
i plan on removing the badges and painting some real fire flames on it this spring. switching out the floor borads for a set of scootworks forward controls and grampsizing the air box. plus some other cool tricks.
not bad for $2500. im very happy

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Seems like a steal!, nice looking bike. Welcome to the forum. IMO, this is the best site overall. Great people and much knowledge.

·
Registered
282 Posts
nice ride mate !
If you wanna ged rid of the floorboards I will take em for the right bucks and if they will fit my missus 2005 VN 800 B (but I don't think so ) as exchange for the pegs
send pm plz
Cheers

·
Registered
581 Posts
Welcome, boy you stole that, how far did you have to chase him?
Enjoy the ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
jerkybear's Vulcan
418 Posts
Dude, someone should be crying for giving a sweet bike like that away, but, hey, your score. Great looking bike. Welcome. Glad to hear from you.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks all.
i actually found it on craigslist. a verizon worker was losing his storage space in a bronx verizon wharehouse where he kept it. so he decided to try and sell it for $3500. when nobody bought it. he didnt know why. so he lowered it to $2800 . i live out on long island so i drove the 45 miles offered him the $2500 and rode it home. he was the original owner and had all the add ons installed by the dealer.

its alot smaller of a bike im used to , im downsizing from a couple of sportbikes and a harley electra glide . i just wanna cruise around .

and cruiserone. when the board changing comes around this spring ill try and remember to pm ya to see if ya want those boards.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I ll second that on the pegs, I think the floorboards make a bike look like a wheelchair.
Im old but I am not ready to get in one!
Dont hate me floorboard lovers, Im sure you have very good reasons you love em!

·
Test Pilot
2,916 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and congrats on the steal of a deal.
Here is a link you may be interested in taking a look at. It's called the 800 club where everybody in it rides an 800 A B or E model. Some real nice folks there to share ideas and mods etc. The site is fairly new, but it is coming along nicely.
Take a look for yourself. ---> the "800 Club"
and maybe you could introduce yourself here if you're interested in learning more about it. --> http://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/forum/kawasaki-cruisers/55391-800-club.html
Just tell them the Dudester sent ya.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts