Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up everybody my names vinny im 18 I jus bought a 05 ninja 636 with 800 miles perfect condition for 7000$..1st off I want to know if I got a good deal on it..I think I did but what do I know im new to this.2nd where can i find a exhaust for the undertail I cant find them anywhere.and last anything i need to know about the 636 like tips or anything I need to worry about....thankss

·
Registered
730 Posts
Welcome to the forum vinny.
1st off what you paid for the bike is a good deal if you wanted and felt it was worth it. It really doesn't make any difference what anyone else thinks. As an example I prefer the classic style cruisers and wouldn't even drive across town to look at a ninja in mint shape. Others would drive through three states to pick up a ninja in fair shape.
2nd do a search of the forum there are several parts places listed that specialize in each area and type of bike.
Have you taken the MSF course? It is highly recommended for all riders especially newer or returning riders. It will help you to understand some of the basics about riding and handling of your machine.
Pictures are mandatory from each and every New Member so the rest of us can drool over each others bikes.

·
Gimme more twisties
1,090 Posts
Welcome.
Quote "Pictures are mandatory from each and every New Member" unquote.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Welcome man! Great to have another 2-wheel friend.

·
Registered
11,821 Posts
whats up everybody my names vinny im 18 I jus bought a 05 ninja 636 with 800 miles perfect condition for 7000$..1st off I want to know if I got a good deal on it..I think I did but what do I know im new to this.2nd where can i find a exhaust for the undertail I cant find them anywhere.and last anything i need to know about the 636 like tips or anything I need to worry about....thankss
First welcome! Second, the miles are low but the price could have been around $6500...For $1k more you could have had the 2007 model 6R...However, the 636 is a great bike...It was my first bike. It will definitely bring you smiles and joy. I had the 2003 model which was wild and beastly. If you are a newer rider, take it slow and gear up...Watch the throttle, it is very strong bike. 05 was tamer than 03 but the 05 is still a formidable beast and in the hands of a new rider can be very dangerous. Just take it slow.

Recommended upgrades:
Stickier tires - Pirelli Diablo or Corsa IIIs...I ran Diablo Corsa and Corsa IIIs when I had mine.
Sterr damper - Depends on how you ride...Since you are in the learning phases and hopefully are not speeding through turns or going 100mph on the highway.
Change grips - More comfy due to the aggressive posture of the bike
Exhaust is not mandatory however if you want a louder sound then it is a must - I had a Micron, have had a Yoshi and am still deciding between a Akrapovic or Leo Vince for my 10R.

For the 636, you will need clean lines...You can not be wide or careless when riding. The 2003 was unforgiving but the 2005 was tamed. Regardless, it does turn very well...636 series was one of the best lines ever.

Well, good luck and enjoy the ride. Get some leathers, textiles, be safe, take it slow, and don't try to be the shiatz on that bike just yet.

Have a great New Year...Looks like you started already. :)

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
Welsome Vinny...good choice of bike to start out on. My first street baike was a CB650SC 1983 Honda Nighthawk. Learned a lot before moving up. Take care and stay plugged in to the BEST KAWI FORUM EVER!!!

·
Vintage bike addict
4,812 Posts
Welcome! You got a good deal if you like it. Personally I like the old standard bikes and cruisers. I thought all teens had digital cameras and knew all about computers. So where's the PICTURES!

·
Vintage bike addict
4,812 Posts
Ok you snuck them in. Good for you.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Hi Vinny! Welcome to the forum. That is one nice ride. Regards.

·
T,J&R 4ever
1,369 Posts
welcome aboard... very nice bike you have there

1 - 20 of 25 Posts