Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great Forum! I'm 50 years old and really wanting to get back into biking. My first bike was a 72 Honda CB750. I thought it was the best of the best in its time. I've been looking hard at the 750-800cc bikes and the 2005 Vulcan 750 has caught my eye. Other than the Kawasaki site and Total Motorcycle.com I haven't found much info on this cruiser. It seems to have everything. Shaft drive, Auto cam chain tensioner, hydraulic valve lash adjusters, Temp and Fuel Gauges, Dual front disk brakes, and something almost unheard of in cruisers a Center stand. MSRP 6,199. It seems like a lot of bike at that price. Does anyone own this cruiser or have opinons? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1,563 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Midway said:
Great Forum! I'm 50 years old and really wanting to get back into biking. My first bike was a 72 Honda CB750. I thought it was the best of the best in its time. I've been looking hard at the 750-800cc bikes and the 2005 Vulcan 750 has caught my eye. Other than the Kawasaki site and Total Motorcycle.com I haven't found much info on this cruiser. It seems to have everything. Shaft drive, Auto cam chain tensioner, hydraulic valve lash adjusters, Temp and Fuel Gauges, Dual front disk brakes, and something almost unheard of in cruisers a Center stand. MSRP 6,199. It seems like a lot of bike at that price. Does anyone own this cruiser or have opinons? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Welcome to the forum!
I don't think you could go wrong with all those features and the price tag is pretty good too! I would imagine that the maintenance on the valves is greatly reduced.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to Ken for the URL links. I'm finding lots of good reviews and info. Thanks to all for your responses. Again Great Site :D

·
Registered
837 Posts
welcome to the forum midway..glad someone could help you here...enjoy and come back often...

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
welcome, let us know when you make the deal

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
Welcome, Midway.

I just turned 50 and got back into riding this year after a 20-year hiatus. Wish I'd done it sooner. I have a Vulcan 800A, so I can't offer any advice about the model you're interested in, but I LOVE my Vulcan. I've owned other bikes of other sizes by other makers, and I think my Vulcan is the best. I've been riding nonstop since I got it.

Be sure to post pics when you buy something!

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Midway welcome aboard. I guess I'll post a little negative about the 750. I'ts been around for about 20 yr's. I think it's a little out dated. There knowed to have a stator problem which involve's engine removal an tear down to fix. I think it has to do more with mile's than anything. But there is a person on another forum that just got back from Alaska on there's and I think it's the second time, plus they Live in Texas!! So I wouldn't worry about the stator just ask someone. Bikaholic will know more about it. Just ask? an welcome again

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

glad woodchuck said it first :lol:

don't get me wrong though- the 750 is time tested and like most bikes has some quirks and you don't keep building them for 20 years if they are crappy
it has a look all its own kind of chopperish(is that a word?) and if that's the
look you like its a great bike

the 800 classic has proved to be a very reliable machine with few
quirks and is generally loved by its owners. it has a little newer technology
motor and is much more nimble than one would think-the fatter tires
help to stabilize the bike a bit

either bike is a good choice - its going to be a question of get what you like
and what you feel comfortable on :wink:

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
One other thing, you won't find near as many after market accessories for the 750 like you will the 800.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts