Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
New member to the forum and new owner of the 750. Appreciate all the info in the forums from all the great people here. What a wonderful way to communicate with fellow Vulcans. I bought my 1990 Vulcan 750 in April. It has V&H pipes and had some trouble with backfiring. Got the carbs cleaned put marbles in the vent hoses, closed off the valves or whatever they are. I had a certified Kawi shop do all this and it still pops a little on decel. Not nearly as bad as before but still does it. The shop manager says with these pipes on the bike it will probably always do that a little. Currently i have the bike getting a custom paint job and will try and post pics. Any advice on the exhaust is appreciated. I am 6'4 200lbs, does a Mustang seat give a taller rider a riding position that is set farther back on the bike? I have a load of ??? for y'all so be prepared.
Thanks a lot! :twisted:

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Welcome

First of all, Welcome to the Kawasaki Forum. Just for giggles I would try adjusting a squeak of choke ON and ride to se if it still popps...meaning you were running just a tad lean...if on the other hand it makes the popping worse then that's not the problem...can you get inside to the baffles? If you wrap the baffles in Fiberglass then wrap the stainless steel wire to hold it in place it may not be loud enough for you....BUT if you can remove the baffles and wrap them with real stainless steel screen like in your windows at home, real tight...the more you wrap them the quieter it will be...but it will still have a nice sound! If the pipes are NOT chrome then go to www.por15.com and look at their header paint...seriously! they have polish, all sorts of stuff...

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

if you blocked off all the air injection to the exhaust that's about all you can do to stop
the decel popping.your mechanic is correct in that some pipes will still pop a little and v&h
and cobra are famous for it.

on some bikes the mustang will put you a tad farther back - it does on the 800b
but not a whole lot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts