Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All;

My name is Harry. I have been reading the posts on this site for a number of months and have found all of the people to be really friendly and knowledgeable. So I thought I would join.

I have been riding off and on (mostly off for the last few) for more than 30 years. I bought a 2007 900 Classic LT in August and have put on about 2500 km (1550 miles) before the snows came. However, I did have the bike out today at a balmy +4 C (39.2 F). I live just outside Calgary Alberta and we have a Chinook wind blowing today, so it makes riding bear-able:cool: . As long as the roads are clear I'll try to ride.

I have tried to overcome the hard seat problem. I bought a car seat Gel Pad for $9 and attached it using 2 bungee straps. It actually works, at least until I can get a better seat.

I have attached a picture, I hope it comes through alright.

Be talking to you all soon, eh

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Hi All;

My name is Harry. I have been reading the posts on this site for a number of months and have found all of the people to be really friendly and knowledgeable. So I thought I would join.

I have been riding off and on (mostly off for the last few) for more than 30 years. I bought a 2007 900 Classic LT in August and have put on about 2500 km (1550 miles) before the snows came. However, I did have the bike out today at a balmy +4 C (39.2 F). I live just outside Calgary Alberta and we have a Chinook wind blowing today, so it makes riding bear-able:cool: . As long as the roads are clear I'll try to ride.

I have tried to overcome the hard seat problem. I bought a car seat Gel Pad for $9 and attached it using 2 bungee straps. It actually works, at least until I can get a better seat.

I have attached a picture, I hope it comes through alright.

Be talking to you all soon, eh
Welcome on line Harry, nice scoot. Heck, I never thought of the bungy and car seat. That's a creative solution till you get her done. Enjoy.

D

·
Poser Proud®
3,778 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Glad you found it. Nice idea on the seat. I know you guys up in the frozen north lands are doing your part to combat global warming because here in Texas is has been in the teens (F) with highes in the 40's during the day. They say the cold is coming down from Canada. Now we really appreciate that you are doing your part, but one of the reasons I live here is so that it will be warm! So thanks, but can you close the refrigerator door now? ;)

·
Vintage bike addict
4,812 Posts
Very nice bike! You can learn a lot here. Some of it even applies to bikes!

·
Spinach Eating Moderator
22,962 Posts
Welcome Harry, great username and great bike. :D

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Nice bike Harry and it's nice to meet you!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts