Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone!

Sorry to bombard the members with questions as Im sure you probably have answered these numerous times before so I again apologize.

I've been interested in bikes for a while but for the longest times I was very into import cars (and still am). I've decided to act upon my interests and learn how to ride em. Problem is ..... Im very short and everyone is either skeptical or warns me against even trying to learn(short meaning 5'1 PLUS Im an asian female). From the majority I've heard that the Ninja 250 and 500 are the best to start on. The only thing Im worried about is am I too short to ride a bike and if when I take a course and get my own do the ninja's range in size or do I have to get it lowered to fit me. Also I checked the kawasaki website for Canada and it doesnt say anything about 250s. Are they sold in Canada?

Thank you Very much

~~Andrea

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
welcome

welcome to the board andrea :D

the folks here are glad to answer your questions :wink:
good your thinking about things like seat height,go fast bikes do have a taller profile
than cruiser and the 250 would prolly be a good choice for you to start on-i'm only familiar
with lowering cruisers which is pretty easy with suspension and seat modifications-it would'nt be a problem.some of the go fast riders here can tell you more about lowering the ninja though- freakinout/triplesecman will prolly chime in and give you LOW down :lol:

good choice of scoot - ride safe! :wink:

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
I'm not sure exactly how you'd lower an ex250, other than the back shock is adjustable. You should fit on one at your current height, the best thing to do is to find a dealership and go sit on one. I think it sits slightly lower than the ex500. But I'm sure you could work on the seat to gain another inch or so. The weight shouldn't be a problem either, the 250 is only about 300 lbs. nice and light.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts