Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi !
I just purchased my 05 Nomad I used to ride Katana 1000s but sold my last one a couple of years ago (bad shoulder) and always wanted a 89 ZXR750, the blue, green and white one with the vacuum cleaner hoses coming out of the tank, I found one in perfect nik and loved it until I went any distance further than 50ks my shoulders would hurt then hands would go numb as I'm getting a bit long in the tooth (40, football and dirtbikes injuries) for sports bikes had to trade her in but when I jumped on the Nomad I nearly put my feet on the passenger foot boards then the weight hit me at the first set of lights then it all came together ! WOW what a great bike no more shoulder probs no more numb hands I get compliments everywhere I go, even stopped at lights! and the best part is no more speeding fines it cruises at a 100ks and easily more on tap when you want it but why would you want to go any faster I have a 5 yr old boy and I drop him off at school every morning before I head off to work and he loooooves it !!

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Nice work! I bought mine about 2 weeks ago, have only had one chance to ride it tho.

According to all the posts, we have bought a great bike.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks mate ! The first thing I did was take the windscreen off reason being I copped a lot of buffering when trucks/busses past buy the other way, I bought a new set of hand grips ($150 still having heart flutters) and I'm looking at getting the seat recovered in doe skin and would love another set of pipes but I guess I'll have to wait until santa comes next year.
All the best and have a safe new year. Rick

·
Registered
29 Posts
I plan on taking off the windscreen sissy bar and backrest off the bike as soon as I get it, I think it looks sooooooooo classy without these items.

Actually, I may not use the windscreen again as I did not need one on my vn900 when touring. As long as I get a backrest, I dont think I'll need the windscreen. Speaking of which, I'm probably picking a wind screen from this dude on ebay that custom makes them:
backrest

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hi !
always wanted a 89 ZXR750, the blue, green and white one with the vacuum cleaner hoses coming out of the tank
I bought one of these new..had a blast on her..although very uncomfortable..but did do long trips on it for up to 3 wks at a time. Had many other bikes since then..now have a 07 nomad..love it..can ride for ever on it and don't even have to break the speed limit..but hey..do here and there. congrats on the new ride..John:biggrin:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks mate ! as you know Australia especially the state of Queensland were I live, is in the longest drought ever recorded in Australian history, and ever since I purchased my Nomad it has bloody RAINED nearly every day !!
never thought I would say this but can't wait for the sunshine :mad:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts