Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys.........I decided to part with my other project bike......the 1968 Honda CL450.......it needed a total engine overhaul.......was not ready nor do I have time for such an extensive project.

Soooo I had a friend that needed some dough and wanted to part with his -74 Honda 125........4500 miles and in very good shape for $250.00...needs a new main jet and a rear hub for the brake adjustment mechanism.

Pics below:

1974 Honda125MT Elsinore

·
Last 007 MOM
9,231 Posts
Ronnie, if you decide you are going to ride that Honda be careful. They had a habit of hitting the powerband real hard and tossing unsuspecting riders onto their backsides. Voice of experience coming your way!

·
Millenium Vulcan Pilot
3,808 Posts
Ah, 70's Honda Elsinore, those were the days...:smile: Motocross changed BIG time with the new Honda Elsinore 125cc & 250cc bikes. I'd love to have one today in mint condition.

·
the "fun" guy
32,858 Posts
Along with what Ken said be sure the shocks are in good working shape since it's not a mono shock and you'll feel it when it lands hard...especially on the rear.

It looks like it's in pretty decent shape.

·
Vintage bike addict
4,812 Posts
Didn't know anyone still had an Elsinore. Kick a** little dirt bike! Good score. Now if someone could tell me how to put my pets on a rotating shift schedule! Sometimes dogs and parrots are a pain!

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't worry Ken and Cary....I'm not going to go motocrossing......I'm having waaaayyy...too stiff joints and muscles for that........not a teen anymore unfortunatley........is in spririt I'm afraid. I just wanted a nice little trail bike for the 100's of miles of back country roads we have here in the vast Big Sky country.

·
Last 007 MOM
9,231 Posts
Don't worry Ken and Cary....I'm not going to go motocrossing......I'm having waaaayyy...too stiff joints and muscles for that........not a teen anymore unfortunatley........is in spririt I'm afraid. I just wanted a nice little trail bike for the 100's of miles of back country roads we have here in the vast Big Sky country.
Ronnie ... this time of year you need a snowmobile :rolleyes:

Lynn took my Elsinore over a jump once and went 40' into a creek bed ... she stayed on it and kept it upright, but it scared the heck out of her. She had some bad nasty names for that bike :smile:

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I remember the Elsinore's back in my teen years. Looks good and you got it for a great price for sure.
Thanks for sharing pics. :D

·
Spinach Eating Moderator
22,962 Posts
That looks like it'll be fun.

Gonna use it to putt around the back 40?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.