Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys.........I decided to part with my other project bike......the 1968 Honda CL450.......it needed a total engine overhaul.......was not ready nor do I have time for such an extensive project.

Soooo I had a friend that needed some dough and wanted to part with his -74 Honda 125........4500 miles and in very good shape for $250.00...needs a new main jet and a rear hub for the brake adjustment mechanism.

Pics below:

1974 Honda125MT Elsinore

·
Last 007 MOM
9,231 Posts
Ronnie, if you decide you are going to ride that Honda be careful. They had a habit of hitting the powerband real hard and tossing unsuspecting riders onto their backsides. Voice of experience coming your way!

·
Millenium Vulcan Pilot
3,808 Posts
Ah, 70's Honda Elsinore, those were the days...:smile: Motocross changed BIG time with the new Honda Elsinore 125cc & 250cc bikes. I'd love to have one today in mint condition.

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Along with what Ken said be sure the shocks are in good working shape since it's not a mono shock and you'll feel it when it lands hard...especially on the rear.

It looks like it's in pretty decent shape.

·
Vintage bike addict
4,812 Posts
Didn't know anyone still had an Elsinore. Kick a** little dirt bike! Good score. Now if someone could tell me how to put my pets on a rotating shift schedule! Sometimes dogs and parrots are a pain!

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't worry Ken and Cary....I'm not going to go motocrossing......I'm having waaaayyy...too stiff joints and muscles for that........not a teen anymore unfortunatley........is in spririt I'm afraid. I just wanted a nice little trail bike for the 100's of miles of back country roads we have here in the vast Big Sky country.

·
Last 007 MOM
9,231 Posts
Don't worry Ken and Cary....I'm not going to go motocrossing......I'm having waaaayyy...too stiff joints and muscles for that........not a teen anymore unfortunatley........is in spririt I'm afraid. I just wanted a nice little trail bike for the 100's of miles of back country roads we have here in the vast Big Sky country.
Ronnie ... this time of year you need a snowmobile :rolleyes:

Lynn took my Elsinore over a jump once and went 40' into a creek bed ... she stayed on it and kept it upright, but it scared the heck out of her. She had some bad nasty names for that bike :smile:

·
Perpetual Motion
6,663 Posts
Had a CR, sans the headlight and signals. Wicked little dirt eater.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I remember the Elsinore's back in my teen years. Looks good and you got it for a great price for sure.
Thanks for sharing pics. :D

·
Spinach Eating Moderator
22,962 Posts
That looks like it'll be fun.

Gonna use it to putt around the back 40?

·
Perpetual Motion
6,663 Posts
That looks like it'll be fun.

Gonna use it to putt around the back 40?
It's not much for puttin'. Rip around the back 40 is more like it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts