Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
repainted it shortly after getting it. Didnt like how it turned out so i redid it this weekend.

Black base with blue marblized flames. not sanded or buffed yet. double cleared

stripped

me masking

after first 3 coats of clear and flames marblized

then i sanded it all down again so you couldnt feel the tape lines from the flames and recleared it all again.

assembled

For those who dont know, we just recently moved out of our old location and into our new building. We are still waiting on our booth to come in. I've been spraying in the plastic that you see hanging.

·
Registered
17,940 Posts
Dude, normally i am not one for flames, but that is just SICK looking. Awesome looking paint job...

The Mrs. looks right at home in the saddle, careful she might steal it from you if she hasn't already. :)

·
Vulcan 900 Classic
103 Posts
Wow. That looks awesome. I'd love to get something like that done to my 900. How much do you charge? :wink:

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
WAY sweet!

Is the blue in the marbelizer, or do you shoot a Kandy over it?

I assume a clear goes over the whole thing, right?

·
Spinach Eating Moderator
22,962 Posts
That marbelizing really makes it pop.

I like it.

·
Registered
12,874 Posts
That is SO AWESOME LOOKING!!!!!! I just LOVE it!!!!!!!! :biggrin:
I bet you will turn heads everywhere you go!!! I would LOVE to see pictures of it sitting in the sunlight.....

·
Alf not Elf
3,412 Posts
Looks really really nice. You are lucky to have a talent for it. Now how about my Dodge Dakota with the peeling clearcoat. (just kidding)

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That is SO AWESOME LOOKING!!!!!! I just LOVE it!!!!!!!! :biggrin:
I bet you will turn heads everywhere you go!!! I would LOVE to see pictures of it sitting in the sunlight.....
thanks. will get pics tomorrow. didnt have a chance to grab my camera this morning.

WAY sweet!

Is the blue in the marbelizer, or do you shoot a Kandy over it?

I assume a clear goes over the whole thing, right?
There are a few different ways to do the marble look. The way i did it on the bike has pearls that turn pink over a white basecoat, and blue over a black basecoat. Its from House of Kolor. You dont just spray it and it makes the look. there are some other things you have to do as well to achieve the marble look. and yes, clear goes over the whole thing.:mrgreen:

Wow. That looks awesome. I'd love to get something like that done to my 900. How much do you charge? :wink:
If you are serious, shoot me a PM. we'll talk. I paint for a body shop for a living. i do side work for fun money. I charge no where near what shops do because I have no overhead. I do it for fun. whether we have to ship the tins, or whatever. let me know. I'm easy going:cool:

To everyone else, thanks for the compliments.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
There are a few different ways to do the marble look. The way i did it on the bike has pearls that turn pink over a white basecoat, and blue over a black basecoat. Its from House of Kolor. You dont just spray it and it makes the look. there are some other things you have to do as well to achieve the marble look. and yes, clear goes over the whole thing.:mrgreen:
Ya, I know about the saran wrap process :wink:
I wasn't sure if the marbelizer was silver and required a tinted topcoat or if it was good to go out of the can..

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ya, I know about the saran wrap process :wink:
I wasn't sure if the marbelizer was silver and required a tinted topcoat or if it was good to go out of the can..

saran or normal plastic sheeting for masking cars. there are different techniques to doing it. alot of people think you just lay it over and get the effect. you honestly have to play with it and see how you like it best.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
saran or normal plastic sheeting for masking cars. there are different techniques to doing it. alot of people think you just lay it over and get the effect. you honestly have to play with it and see how you like it best.
Yup... that's the beautiful thing about it. The whole idea is to mess it up, and no two painters are going to produce an identical finished product.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Awesome work. After doing all the body work and painting my car, I have TONS of respect for body/paint guys, it takes LOTS of talent.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts