Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only had my 04 Meanstreak for a little over a month and I've already got the itch to customize. Ebay has been a great source for parts! I'm expecting in this week: chrome/black diamond grips, arlen ness tear drop II mirrors, and a set of Cobra drag pipes. Question: Does a power commander and the Cobra digital fuel processor (http://www.cobrausa.com/cruiser_products/index_cruiser.cfm?pg=part&bikeID=68&partID=1248) do the same thing? If you have one, then you don't need the other? Thanks. J

·
Registered
302 Posts
power commander or cobra fi

VetDr,
The power commander is more versitile (tunable) than the Cobra unit, as it can be used to make the fuel/air mix leaner or richer. Whereas the cobra unit can only make the mix richer. Most bike modifications-pipes,filters,ignition adv.-will make an already lean-running motor even leaner.(lean means that the fuel/air mixture has less fuel and more air than is desirable;a rich mixture has too much fuel) So "most" of the time the cobra would be just fine, but with the Power Commander and custom map-dynotune all the highs and lows can be accomadated for the very best power mixture at all engine speeds and conditions. It's just one more case of "you get what you pay for" as the Power Commander is about $100.00 more. Hope this helps!
Lonestar

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

power commander III usb is the only way to go imo :wink:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts