Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
I dont know how that could, I just put Cobra deluxe slash cuts on my 04 classic, the dealer was very anxous to put them on, they even recommend that I do it.
And let me tell you they sound awesome

·
Registered
302 Posts
pipes/warranty

It should not void your warranty just to add a set of pipes,however you must remember that this is handled by your dealership and unless THEY sell and install them YOU could have a problem if you need their help with warranty work. Most dealers and mechanics I have spoken with recommend waiting until after the break-in period to start making these kind of changes to the bike 1) to give the engine parts a chance to seat at very specific temps 2) to give you a chance to get in-sink with the motors rpm range(while you can still hear it as designed). The engine will run much stronger and won't be so tight when full break-in is completed. This is the way I've always done it!
Good Luck!
Lonestar

P.S. I Strongly recommend the V&H Propipe hs Great Sound and Not too loud!

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

depends on the dealer really - if he wants to be a jerk he can hassle you :roll:

but most dealers don't say much about just pipes :wink:

·
Registered
226 Posts
Don't see how my dealer could sell me those Cobra Speedster Shorts I just ordered from him and void my warranty by doing it. I'd say I'd have a good case in court if he did.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

yup- dealer installs are no prob around here,but there is a H dealer
here that wants to blame everything on aftermarket pipes if you come in for warranty work - i've seen it several times :?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts