Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently acquired a 79 kz650B3. I am looking to do a resto-modification to it (big bore, cams, cafe styling), and would certainly appreciate any knowledge that could be passed my way. Any links, websites, or advice would be extremely helpful. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
Welcome to the forum. The old KZs make excellent cafe projects but, unless your competing in AHRMA racing events, I'd leave the engine alone. The gain in performance just doesn't justify the cost IMHO.

·
Vintage bike addict
4,812 Posts
Welcome! I agree that modifying the motor isn't really cost effective. Getting the valves set, the cam chain tensioner set and a good tune up including carb sync will give a very enjoyable ride that is very dependable. You can shoehorn in a 750 engine to your frame. If you decide to go ahead with big bore plans there are some here that can help with the how to aspect.

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
Welcome! I agree that modifying the motor isn't really cost effective. Getting the valves set, the cam chain tensioner set and a good tune up including carb sync will give a very enjoyable ride that is very dependable. You can shoehorn in a 750 engine to your frame. If you decide to go ahead with big bore plans there are some here that can help with the how to aspect.

Shoehorn? My 750 fell right in! :mrgreen:

·
Vintage bike addict
4,812 Posts
Shoehorn? My 750 fell right in! :mrgreen:
You had Darrell there to drop it in place! Not all of us have your training and experience. Did your 650 have kick start?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts