Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just signed the papers on the 2004 Vulcan 500.
:D

Getting windshield and tach and will pick up in about a week. Don't even have my license yet. Take test in 1 1/2 weeks. Took the Safety Course and have a permit. Have been riding a loaner Suzuki GZ250 to learn on but it has been SOOOOOOooooooo cold here that I haven't been out much. Don't feel very confident about taking the test but we'll see how it goes. There are 3 of us friends scheduled on the same day so will have moral support.

Any thoughts on the first ride of the 500?

Martha
(my username is my name the way the say it in Maine!!!, it really should be Mahhhthahhh)

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
welcome

welcome to the board martha :wink: great choice for 1st bike!
you should be fine with a 500 for your test! piece of cake :wink:

the 500 is a pretty big bang for the buck for a entry level bike,the engine is related to the engine in the ninja 500r and is very powerful - it will run with the 800 bikes pretty well :p
it has several big bike features built in and a little harley styling to boot.
for the money spent its a slick little cruiser-now get ridding and get ready to get a 800 :lol:

·
Registered
837 Posts
:) congrats mahtha on your new ride...**** it is cold up there in maine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys

It warmed up to 17 degrees, tropical really...so went out for alittle practice on the 250. Fogging up, low sun in my eyes ...but good to get out before the snow flies.

Ordered saddle bags for the Vulcan too!!! :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
fogging up?

Hi Mahta,

I started with the GZ 250. It's a great one to take the test on.
Just got the Vulcan 500. What a difference! But the 250 was great for me to get a few miles under my belt before I tried the 500.

We've done a fair amount of riding in the cold. Fog City makes a clear film that sticks on the inside of the face shield and keeps it from fogging up. It gets miserable riding in the cold with the face shield open to keep from fogging. Just wish we'd put our on the lower part of the face shield as I don't look up high as much as I look down at my guages.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts