Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
none
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put the down payment on a black Nomad 1700 and should get it in a few days. Like any bike, some don't like the new features and others do. I have read two reviews and they are both positive. I like the looks, the belt drive, cruise control, and extra gear. It fits me just fine too. I haven't been riding yet this season having sold my 900 last September. Can't wait to get started!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nice! Congrats on the new ride. Speaking of the new bikes, does anyone happen to know why Kawasaki went to belt drive instead of the shaft drive I have on my 1600?

·
pagemastr
66 Posts
cdneh: Congrats on the new Nomad. I love the cruise on the new ones but I am no where near ready to give mine up for cruise.

Be sure to visit KawaNOW forum if you haven't already as there are a few '09 Nomad owners there.

·
Limiter Junkie
187 Posts
I have the same quetion as mike445, I have a 16 with shaft drive and love it. Seems to me it would be the most reliable thing you could have. Some people don't like them, say they aren't forgiving enough...my dealer said Kawa believes they have to shake things up year to year (1500to1600to1700...shaft to belt, etc...)

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have the same quetion as mike445, I have a 16 with shaft drive and love it. Seems to me it would be the most reliable thing you could have. Some people don't like them, say they aren't forgiving enough...my dealer said Kawa believes they have to shake things up year to year (1500to1600to1700...shaft to belt, etc...)
I would imagine that the cost of manufacturing a belt drive bike and stocking parts is much cheaper than with a shaft drive.

Congrats can't wait to see some nice pics!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts