Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 99 Vulcan 800 and am loving it. I wish I had bought a bike 20 years ago but I'm real glad I at least did it now. A little nervous about having my first bike, but after having done about 30 miles around town, I'm feeling more comfortable with each ride.

Finally have something to scratch the riding itch all summer when the snowmobiles are stuck on the trailer. Psyched!!!! The bike makes the fact that we had zero snow this winter irrelevant.

Just waiting for my class date for the MSF course. Apr. 16 is the first available. My application acceptance card I got in the mail the other day says I'm 127 of 3500, so I'm hopeful to get it done as early as possible.

In NH it's $110 for the class and $30 for the license. My buddy down in MA is paying $275 for the class.

Site is great and has already given me a bunch of info.

Attachments

·
We need a Sarcasm Font!
3,864 Posts
Hello and welcome! Glad to hear you're taking the MSF course. Enjoy your "new" ride. With all the snow on the ground in your pics, are you going to have to wait a while to ride it?

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
Howdy, neighbor, and welcome to the forum. The 800 was my first bike when I started riding again five years ago after a 20-year hiatus. You're so smart to take the class. You'll learn a lot.

Check the ride section of the forum. There are a group of people in our area who get together to ride. Hopefully you can join us.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pictures were taken about a month ago. Very little white stuff left now due to heavy rains and unseasonably warm weather. We had it easy this winter in southern NH. Bad for sledding, good for getting on the new bike.

Northern NH was a different story...

Attachments

·
We need a Sarcasm Font!
3,864 Posts
Pictures were taken about a month ago. Very little white stuff left now due to heavy rains and unseasonably warm weather. We had it easy this winter in southern NH. Bad for sledding, good for getting on the new bike.

Yeah, we were fortunate to have a mild winter too. How often can someone in WA state say they were able to ride in January and March? That pic from Northern NH looks like our last few winters!

·
IBA#34418
6,332 Posts
Sweet. you're starting off right. With pictures for us and the MSF for you. Welcome to the forum. Good people here with a lot of good, and sometimes usless, lol information.

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts

I just moved here in July--from Colorado. So I was pretty thrilled about this winter. But I hear it was an unusually mild one.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I've lived in NH all my life and I can not remember a time when it was warm enough and roads clear of salt and sand at the beginning of March. In the past if we were lucky, one could go for a ride at the end of the month or beginning of April. I went for a ride yesterday (about 40 miles over frost heaves - hard on the back) and I loved every moment of it. The pain was worth it. I have this feeling that mother nature is just playing with us and winter will return with a vengence. Roger

·
Registered
264 Posts
Welcome, and like me... BETTER LATE THAN NEVER :)

Take you time getting comfortable with the thing. Dunno if I am an outlier, but it took me about 9 months and 7500 miles to get feeling kinda comfortable and developing muscle memory and to where not so much of my focus was on the mechanics of riding. Maybe too many years in a car!

Enjoy!
Brian

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
You know what I think? Those of us in southern NH/northern Mass should get together *before* we go for a ride, just so we can get acquainted. I'm new here. Where would be a good place to meet up for a cup of coffee or a microbrew (I prefer the latter)?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Glad you're loving your bike. I just bought a Kawi Vulcan 1500 after trading in Goldwing. Picking it up soon and can't wait to hit the road.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
You know what I think? Those of us in southern NH/northern Mass should get together *before* we go for a ride, just so we can get acquainted. I'm new here. Where would be a good place to meet up for a cup of coffee or a microbrew (I prefer the latter)?
Sounds good. We need to find someplace in northern MA/southern NH.
:smile:

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I'm a little late, but congrats and welcome! :) You'll love that bike, I've got the same kind and it's GREAT!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts