Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I glad that I found this web site. Well let me introduce my self. My name is Darrin, I'm 43 and live in Phoenix,AZ.

I started riding motorcycles over 25+ years ago. At that time I rode my dad's 1974 Honda 550 Four.

No training, no motorcycle endorsement on my drivers license, guess I had really good luck because I never wrecked it or had to lay it down and put close to 2500 miles on it. My dad still had this motorcycle. A friend of mine had a Kawasaki 750 LTD (not sure what year). My dad bike was nice, but his was a lot nicer.

Him and I used to go riding the mountains of northern New Mexico when ever we had some free time. This last a about 3 years. Sometimes I got to ride his bike and I have been a Kawi fan ever since. Well, he got married and I started driving a truck for a living and we never saw each other again. That was the end of me riding a motorcycle. Ok, jump forward to March 2007 and I ran into a guy who was riding a Kawasaki 750 LTD and I got bit real hard my the motorcycle bug. Bit so hard that 3 weeks later I went down to Kawasaki Dealer and road out on a 06 Vulcan 500.

Unlike last time I was going to do this right. I went through a MSF riding course and got my motorcycle endorsement. It was very well worth it. 7 months later while at the Kawasaki Dealer in Goodyear,AZ they were showing me there 900's and they let me test drive one and it was true love. So I traded my 500 in and rode out on a brand new 09 Vulcan 900 with 0 miles on it.
This is the day I brought her home.

I took her for a short ride in the desert west of Phoenix

Well I've had her for 6 months and 3800 miles. I added a Luggage Rack, Windshield, Saddle Bags, Light Bar and today I had installed (by the dealer) Cobra Speedster Longs.

She is on very sweet ride and I am a very happy camper. I'm taking my vacation at the end of May and can't wait to take her out for a really long ride. I sure am glad I got bit by motorcycle bug. I really forgot how much fun riding a motorcycles is. Well that is my story and I'm sticking to it. Hope no one fell a sleep. :rolleyes:

·
AZs #1 TOURIST ATTRACTION
15,308 Posts
Welcome to the nut house Darrin, your gonna find a great bunch of people here. Some of us are just nutz, others are a bit more civilized. The information, and friendships you can gain here are unmatched. Great technical info, a willingness to help out each other, and just have some fun.
Now jump in and mix it up, you will glad you found this place for sure.
Ride Safe

·
AZs #1 TOURIST ATTRACTION
15,308 Posts
Oh yeah, forgot to say, Love the color choice!!! hahaha
heres my 09 Classic I bought in Sept 08 look familiar? haha
Ok, I have made a few changes....:shock:

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
hey welcome aboard....nice pics, nice bikes.......hope you not as crazy as bill...or is it an AZ thing.....hahahaha

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Darn, that looks good. I like what you did with the air cleaner cover. Really adds to it. I think that Candy Plasma Blue really is the best color. Thanks for the welcome. I think I will fit right in.

·
MaNaMaNa DoDoDoDoDo
4,767 Posts
Welcome, Darrin. Nice rides you have had over the years. Oh. and good for you for posting pics.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Welcome to the asylum. Nice rides. I like the Honda 550. Sweet looking.
Please tell you me have a license now.

·
The Bassman Rocketh
25,244 Posts
Welcome to the asylum, Darrin!

Ya got a sweet lookin' piece of machinery there... very glad ya did it right this time :)

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome to the asylum, Darrin!

Ya got a sweet lookin' piece of machinery there... very glad ya did it right this time :)
Thanks everyone for the welcome. When I look back at the first time I got on a bike I can see just how lucky I was. Even after driving a big rig for 20 years It did not hurt one bit to take the MSF rider course. It was worth every cent.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts