Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at buying my first ride. I am 5'10" 280 lbs and not looking for a primary ride, I am keeping my paid off explorer for that.

I am looking at the Vulcan 1600 classic, I don't want to get a 800 and feel underpowered and required to upgrade in a year. I live in So Cal so the season is 11 months out of the year.

What do alot of you think? Do I go with the 800, 1500, or 1600?

I am looking for feedback on this issue. Since in my mind I keep going back to the 1600.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

welcome to the board vulcanx :wink:

all 3 are great bikes-doubt you feel underpowered on the 800,the 1500 not much different than the 800 except for size,but now the 1600 is different mostly with FI ( i like FI )
and cast wheels(tubeless) and it feels more balanced to me than the 1500

i really like the 1600 - but sit/ride on all of them and see which one grabs your butt the best :lol:

i dunno if your a first time rider or not but the 800 is what i would advise if you are,
it really is a very easy to handle and maintain scoot that will take you anywhere you wanna go :wink:

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
I've ridden in the past, ok far past (20 years plus) and just bought my first bike, a 1500 classic. I love it and can't get over how easy it is to ride. Most will tell you to go small to get your feet wet and then upgrade in a few. At least that is what they told me, I ignored them and went big from the get go...glad I did.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

I think Spok our experiences are very similar, I rode occasionally when in HS 20 years ago. I think I will most likely go with the 1600 unless someone can give me an excellent reason for not.

·
37,387 Posts
I looked at both the 1600 and 1500 before I bought. I am a shorter person and the fatter tank on the 1600 made my toes touch the floor while the 1500 allowed my feet touch. Other than that, I would've gone with the 1600 too. I am not unhappy at all with the 1500.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have married a wonderful woman..

:D So here is the "family" decision. I will buy a Vulcan 800 classic next week and ride it until I am comfortable riding. Once I feel i have reached that point I get to buy the Vulcan 1600 Classic. She feels that safety is the more important here not the cost of the bikes.

I told her that may be 6 months from now or a year, and she was fine with that.. Is that not cool or what. So I get to bike two new scoots instead of one..

:p

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

good deal! you won't regret the 800 -its very dependable machine and will run with the bigger bikes with no problem-and the price difference bewtween the 2 is significant :shock:

more $ for chrome :twisted:

good luck and ride safe!

·
37,387 Posts
Well then, once you are comfortable on the 800 and have upgraded to the 1600, put the little lady on the 800. Those who cruise together... :wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts