Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.
I used to check daily “suzuki forum”, but I hope I will be a Kawasaki owner in December-January, so my place is here. I’m new in motorcycle area, I’m gonna have a lot of questions later.
Together we can do a good forum here.

·
Registered
38 Posts
ewan2, hey I recognize that SN from the zuki forum. Haven't seen much from you in a while, glad to have you here!

Don't be a stranger huh!? I'm sure that as this forum grows there will be a wealth of knowledge to be gained here too. Very smart of you to get into the scene and start learning before you ever get the bike :wink:

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
new rider

Hi guys, I am a new rider also. Just like you ewan I plan on having my new ZX-6R in Dec. or Jan. Looing forward to hearing some great ideas from everyone.

T :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Welcome to the forums "T" !

Gotta ask, is this your first bike?
If so, and not preaching here, you should really consider signing yourself up for an MSF riders course. A ZX-6R while "only" a 600 still will pack one mean punch if you have no previous experience on a bike.

I'm a big advocate of training and safety and I like to see new riders grow into old riders. Hope I don't sound too much like "Dad" here, just hoping for the best for every new rider. :D

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
MSF course

He Braada,

No I am not going to take your concern the wrong way. As a matter of fact I am going to take the course before I get the bike. My friend is in the Navy and we both will take the class together. But I am a pretty big guy about 230 lbs and pretty strong. I know guys who have years of experience and eveyone has recommended a 600 bike. I just so happen to fall in love with the ZX-6R. So thank you for your concern and I will defintley let you know how things work out.

T :D

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
I definitely think your choice for a first bike is less than wise. 108hp for a first or even second bike is way to much. Must factor in the fact these are actual racing bikes with lights, hair trigger throttles and sensitive brakes.

This type of bike will not forgive the typical mistakes newbies make in the first 6 months. Suggest you choose a bike with half that power delivered in a more mild form. How about starting with a used Ninja 500R, it will be much less painfull when you drop it, and you will. 8)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Woohoooo!!!! Uncle Bob is here!! :D
:D

Welcome Bob!!!!!!!

Ladies and gentlemen I present to you the one person with access to more obscure facts on bikes than the internet itself.....and the single biggest advocate of starting small and riding safe on the planet!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Uncle Bob said:
This type of bike will not forgive the typical mistakes newbies make in the first 6 months. Suggest you choose a bike with half that power delivered in a more mild form. How about starting with a used Ninja 500R, it will be much less painfull when you drop it, and you will. 8)
i agree.. i started out on a ninja 500r...i would suggest getting something used and saving your money for that zx6..so if you drop it while learning it is no sweat...then when you get your zx6 you can make the used bike your track bike.... :p

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Braada said:
Woohoooo!!!! Uncle Bob is here!! :D

Welcome Bob!!!!!!!

Ladies and gentlemen I present to you the one person with access to more obscure facts on bikes than the internet itself.....and the single biggest advocate of starting small and riding safe on the planet!
:oops: :shock: :oops: :shock: :oops:

Just figured that since Suzuki and Kawasaki are now, sort of kissing cousins, I'd drop in and see what's going on here.

How many posts do we need to get a free toaster over here ? :?

·
Registered
11 Posts
My first bike was a 10 year old GPZ500 (that's an EX500 to those in the US!!). I got rid of it when I found out that it wouldn't pass its MOT.

I replaced it with a GPZ500 (2 year old!!)!

When I can afford a house with a garage I want to get a Ninja 8)

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
I hear that the UK is very rider friendly and that the riders are very good and all wear head to toe gear. What do you have to go through to get your permit and is it true that there are no stop signs ?.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Uncle Bob said:
How many posts do we need to get a free toaster over here ? :?
4000, just like the other board. We'll send you the bread at 2000 so you'll be ready when it comes.

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
cameljok said:
free toaster...i can hook that up on my bike and have breakfast on the way to work...

If you don't mind curved toast just tape the bread to the exhaust pipe. :lol:

Braada said:
4000, just like the other board. We'll send you the bread at 2000 so you'll be ready when it comes.
How about the butter ? :lol:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Uncle Bob said:
cameljok said:
free toaster...i can hook that up on my bike and have breakfast on the way to work...

If you don't mind curved toast just tape the bread to the exhaust pipe. :lol:

[
How about the butter ? :lol:
butter in a bottle baby....duct tape it to my triple clamps...

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Uncle Bob said:
I definitely think your choice for a first bike is less than wise. 108hp for a first or even second bike is way to much. Must factor in the fact these are actual racing bikes with lights, hair trigger throttles and sensitive brakes.

a 500R is much much more forgiving than any 600+ supersport bike, I bought my first one about 2 months ago, an '01 500R. It breaks your heart when you drop it, but not as bad as if it was a brand new bike. I'd suggest buying a used one too, you don't take the hit quite so bad.

On another topic, I just found this forum today, I've been going to katanaplanet daily since I got my bike, but I was hoping to find a kawasaki specific forum.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts