Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yesterday i rode in our local ABATE toys for tots run -and a huge success by the way,over 1500 bikes participated-and as i was milling around looking at at the sweeet scoots i overheard on more than 1 occasion folks complaing about new riders and about the fact they hated to ride with someone they did'nt know :x
i thought to myself-you know you were once a new rider too and think how you would feel if you heard that
i've been ridin 20+ years and love to ride with new riders and people i don't know,everyone was new once :p
so the next time you ride in a big event - encourage the new riders,ride with them,after all they are the ones who will keep motorcycling alive

the moral: don't degrade or diss another biker cause he's/she's not as experienced as you are-think about when you first started how nice 99% of the riders you encounted were
:wink:

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
re

ya never know tinks-when they build that big bridge across the pond i'd ride over :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
I try to be as helpful to new riders as I possibly can, I give them pointers and make sure if someone new is riding with me that I take it easy so they don't go down.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Sometimes I wish that all riders were as decent as you guys here. I know what its like to be a new rider (still kind of am) I went riding with some people on bigger bikes than mine was. I ended up being left on my own. :cry: Oh well I enjoyed the solitude I guess. Too bad we all didnt live in the same area

·
Registered
837 Posts
theirs only 3 of us where we are..but we are incouraging other friends to buy a bike and ride with us as we dont have very bad winters down here..we usually get to ride all year long.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Its nice to know that there are people like you all out there wiling to help out the new riders... wonder how many of those "nice people" there are in my area...I shall find out very soon :shock:

bud8fan said:
we dont have very bad winters down here..we usually get to ride all year long.
ba-humbug!!!!

I'm in MD...we have REAL winters...how about when winter roles around again I come ride with you in Texas :p 8)

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
re

that's hilarious :lol: :lol: :lol: i was actually in upper marlboro,i only said bowie cause i did'nt think you would know where u/m was :lol: :lol: :lol: -small world :wink:

·
Registered
1 Posts
i also am from the uk and bought myself a 2002 636 yesterday, only passed my test about a month ago so i appreciate the advice given for new riders. like you say all bikers started somewhere and it is difficult

M

·
0 Posts
Rideing with novices

Help new guys OK What about us old guys trying to remember how 8) :wink:

·
Registered
4 Posts

i am new to this forum
just bought my first bike a week back, the ninja 250
all pointers for new riders will be welcome here, my total riding experience is the msf course i took in nov 06
i acutally dropped the ninja on the 2nd day:cry:
but got lucky as only the clutch lever got a little wonky, and i am riding the bike just like that
am hoping wont need to do anything to it anytime soon.
can't wait to get onto freeways, though i think i am pretty far from that :)

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
Hey dudes, this thread sure has been reserected from the dead. It's almost 3 years old.

And welcome Konica, good to have you on board. Drop into the Main Lobby and start a thread to introduce yourself to the gang.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts