Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided to invest in a GOOD riding jacket before our riding season kicks back into gear and am looking for opinions and advice.

I'd like to stay away from Ebay because I know there are some good stores out there that will take a "no hassle" return if the fit or color isn't exactly right. I actually found the link in the ads at the top of the forum homepage.

Here's what I'm thinking of. I know it's more of a "sport" jacket but I usually wear a FF helmet anyways. Z1R Dart Jacket - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore

·
I'm your Huckleberry
3,317 Posts
I absolutely love my Fox Creek Bomber jacket. Very thick leather (its got the heft to prove it ;) ) though its very soft...has provisions for armor in the elbows, shoulders, and a back protector (which I've installed)...has quite a bit of venting...

It IS expensive...very very much so if you add in the cost of the armor. But I think its very much worth the price.

·
Registered
146 Posts
ive got the scorpion hattrick in red and black and i love it ....it has the thermal liner that zips out then a wind and rain liner that zip out which leaves you with just a mesh jacket. I also feel its a little sport bikeish, specially with the scorpion tribal red ff helmet. but i like the armor in the back and shoulder and the extra visablity are safety points me and exspecially the wife feel are a little more important then style. my son thinks i look like a power ranger....kids you got to love em

·
We need a Sarcasm Font!
3,864 Posts
We've bought from New Enough, Aerostich, Whitehorse, I think we've bought from Motorcycle Superstore. All are good. Fast service, good quality products. Good customer service.

We wear Joe Rocket and Fieldsheer. Both are good - last a long time, comfortable. No complaints.

·
Old enough to know better
40 Posts
+1 on dealing with NewEnough.com. I've bought several things from them and always gotten great service.

As to the jacket, I'm also expecting to add a new jacket this season, possibly even two of them.

The textile jacket I've been checking out that I currently like the most is the Tourmaster Epic. Lots and lots of nice features. Body armor, reflectivity, good for my daily 90-mile round-trip freeway commutes.

And... since I happen to carry the H-D visa card with a lot of their "chrome cash" points racked up, I'll probably also add a nice Milwaukee leather jacket from the H-D store (for practically free). Nice stylin' for those day-trip rides.

·
Live, Laugh, Ride
651 Posts
My friend just got his Fox Creek jacket and he is as happy as can be. It is a very hefty jacket. He also got the armour. I would love to have a FoxCreek Jacket when I can afford it but for now I have a FieldSheer Adventure Jacket and a FieldSheer Mesh Jacket. The Adventure Jacket is great for Non-Summer ridin and the Mesh is OK in the Summer. The Adventure Jacket has great visibility at night.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I see some good points being brought up here.

Do most people like the feature of opening a zipper for ventilation or having a zip out liner for warmer weather?

The only downfall to the jacket I listed in the original post is that there aren't any pockets. I'm trying to see if that's something that would bother me. I usually have my spare keys and my wallent in my pants pocket when riding anyways.

Here's another one I saw thanks to the website listed above. Joe Rocket Kawasaki Branded Gear ZX Leather Motorcycle Jacket :: New Enough, LTD

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Jack I have a Tourmaster draft. It is a textile jacket and completly vented. Tourmaster Draft Air Silver Motorcycle Jacket
Good pockets, a couple inside for like an MP3 player or cell phone. And a couple outside for other stuff. I think you can get a liner for them also. I have a liner from a flight jacket I use. It is comfortable enough to wear up to about 90-95 deg. Heres a couple other places to look around.
Leather up
Jafrum
Happy shopping.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've decided to invest in a GOOD riding jacket before our riding season kicks back into gear and am looking for opinions and advice.

I'd like to stay away from Ebay because I know there are some good stores out there that will take a "no hassle" return if the fit or color isn't exactly right. I actually found the link in the ads at the top of the forum homepage.

Here's what I'm thinking of. I know it's more of a "sport" jacket but I usually wear a FF helmet anyways. Z1R Dart Jacket - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore
Try LeatherUp.com good stuff, cheap prices!!!!!!

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts

·
Elmer
281 Posts
Jackets in my closet

Jackets remind me of the old commercial that said something to the effect "Bet you can't eat just one". At last count I had 5 and if I had it to do again I would still have 3 of them ... a leather, a mesh, and a not pretty but do it all textile touring 3/4 length. Unless all your riding is the same style and under the same conditions get whatever strikes your fancy but know that it is going to be just one more in a growing collection. Here is a question for our long time riding community ... what do you do with your old helmets?
:troll:

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
LOL Elmer. It takes me about 5yr after I quit using it and all the padding is dry rotted and falling allover the closet and I move 25 times before I finally throw it away. I currently have a Bell Mag 8 and 2 SImpson shorty helmets. Why? I dunno because I can and they were free? (the shorty) Oh yea I also have a full face SA (auto racing type) helmet from racing a legends car.
Why do we put the old plugs in the tool box?

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah, I'm seeing a greater need to have a small collection of a variety of jacket styles.

Guess I have to start somewhere with #1! Think I'm going to try out my original whim and go from there. Thanks everybody!

·
Recycled Rider
583 Posts
Think I'm going to try out my original whim and go from there. Thanks everybody!
I've had a Z1R leather jacket since late sumer '06. Only problem I've had is the back armor started coming out of the mesh holding pocket last year at the top. Other than that, I like it and feel protected in it. I haven't the foggiest what model it is but I bought it 40% off and it looks good to me so I'm happy.
Mine has pockets and they have been handy, but I suppose not absolutely necessary.
It's the only MC jacket I have. Up here, deep summer temps start in 50s, sometimes 60s and seldom get in the 80s. When I take trips to OK, TX, and LA, though, I have to shed it around southern Missouri.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.