Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Too cold to ride at 18 deg. F yesterday. Installed my Christmas present, Electrical Connection Running/Brake/Turn conversion kit. The video doesn't do the colors justice. The brake and running lights are red while the turn signals remain amber. It does show how much additional light it provides at the rear of the bike. First effort at posting video. Click on picture to bring up video.

·
99%er
239 Posts
I love this add on! Its all about being seen. I'll be getting one once it warms up. IMO i would go for the red lens covers on the turn signals. Looking good though.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I love this add on! Its all about being seen. I'll be getting one once it warms up. IMO i would go for the red lens covers on the turn signals. Looking good though.
That is interesting, I actually went with this setup because I wanted to maintain my amber turn signals since I think they show up better against red brake lights. Different strokes for different folks......

·
99%er
239 Posts
That is interesting, I actually went with this setup because I wanted to maintain my amber turn signals since I think they show up better against red brake lights. Different strokes for different folks......
Some states have laws i beleive against running amber lights. Might wanna check in to that. If you haven't already.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[Quote:
Originally Posted by vulcaneer
Some states have laws i beleive against running amber lights. Might wanna check in to that. If you haven't already.]

I believe you're right on this. Amber is only in the front.
I believe that is true only for running lights. Turn signals on the rear are amber from the factory. This setup allows you to retain the amber turn signals but the red leds show through as red for the running and brake lights. The video doesn't show the color change as dramatically as it is in real life. The amber turn signal blinking amidst the red brake lights is highly visible.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Where did you get the kit, $$$ and was it a plug and play install?

They really get your attention, nice.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Where did you get the kit, $$$ and was it a plug and play install?

They really get your attention, nice.

Cruiser Customizing, about 50 bucks, simple install but requires some wire routing that takes time. I spent about 4 hours on mine, soldered all the connections and that took more time plus spent a little extra time figuring out how the turn signals come apart and did some cleaning while the seat was off. Probably could save an hour on it if I did it again. Not a quick plug&play mod but I like the results enough to justify the install.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts