Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2005 Vulcan 800A. I want to put some V&H Cruzers on it. Stock kinda sounds sucky. I only have 5 miles on the bike. Should I wait til the 500 mi service or just slap them on and break in like normal. I know I will have to have it rejetted and will do that when the pipes get installed or soon after. Also how long is too long to wait to rejet?

Thanks for helping the FNG......

JASON

·
Registered
237 Posts
have the shop put em on at the 500mi service so they can rejet for you and also prolly wont void your waranty

·
Registered
2 Posts
i don't know it all but my bud just bought a 2005 vulcan dealer says wait 500 mi but shop foreman told me go ahead wont hurt a thing, he also told me you can do any outside mods to the bike will not void warnty as long as you do nothing to eng internals...happy trails :razz:

·
Registered
439 Posts
I think you should go with DG HardKromes, but just a thought.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
The mechanic at the bike shop said ride the [email protected]## out of it. When it breaks bring it in. I think that is how he makes his money. Ask the dealer what voids the warranty. Order the pipes now and you will probably have them by the time you get to 500 miles. :grin:

·
Registered
950 Posts
Most dealers will not void your warranty over pipes. Because dealerships make more money on the sales and installation of pipes than on the sales of bikes! And they would just be biting the hand that feeds them.

And if you don't rejet, the worst that will happen is you will blue the pipes and ruin the chrome. (which sucks but it wont kill you)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts