Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Rebel Rider
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get a new seat for my 800. Need opinions on Mustang or Corbin. Thanks.

bluestringer

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

let your butt decide - their both good seats but the sitting position
is a little different between the two :wink:

they will feel firm at first but will contour to your rear after a while
corbin is a little better at this than mustang imo,but i have a mustang solo on my 800 and its a pleasure to sit in :wink:

·
Registered
837 Posts
bikes right ..i've got the corbin and love it...

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Blue ,I've got the corbin also,it is wider than your stock one,so it feels like your sitting up a little higher but the seat actually sits about an inch lower than stock. When you buy a corbin you have up to a year an they will modify the foam if it doesn't feel good ( as long as they can re-use the original leather). Now with that said , Corbin does a couple of things that can be ordered ahead of time, one is a close seat in which they move the back of the drivers seat forward , an they also do a nose job, which narrow's the seat down between your legs so you can touch the ground. I'm 5'10" with a 32" inseam an I touch the ground fine with the standard corbin seat. They will also do custom stitching free an you can choose different leather as well. Comparing the corbin to the mustang only work's if it's the corbin gunfighter or the mustang fastback, because that's the only seat mustang makes that match's the gunfighter . The other mustang seat's like Biko's solo are a different style an sit differently on the bike. That's where your butt come's in ,an only you can pick the right seat . The corbin gunfighter look's better on the 800A because if you look at the pic you can tell that the seat cover's the frame a little more. On the 800B I think the other mustang seat's look better. Finally done typing. (LOL) hear's a link www.corbin.com

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
woodchucks800.....That's a puuuurrrrdeeeeee bike. :)

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
I had a mustang on my 800 and really liked it a lot. It was very comfortable and looked great.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I like that Mustang has a 2-piece for 2-up riding on 800s but have heard that the seat moves you forward a bit. I'm pretty much at the shortest range of comfort with the riding position. The Corbin looks nicer IMHO but doesn't seem to do much for the passenger. Can anyone comment?

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
First off Pick how you been? The corbin I've got is called the gunfighter an lady, it's got a bigger seat for the passenger,bigger than the stock seat. The wife has ridin on the back a couple of time's an said it's better than the stock seat. That's all I can report about the back, Kinda hard to ride an drive from the rear.(LOL) The mustangs do tend to move you forward,which may or may not be a problem. If your 2'10" tall Like bikeaholic then the mustang would be the better choice. Just jokeing Biko. The seat is gonna be like shoe's or a jacket, there all gonna fit people differently.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Been good Wood, you? I like the idea of a 2-piece so I can show off those long fenders of the classic, so the gunfighter is a no-go. Pretty much pigeon-holes me to the Mustang Vintage. I wish Corbin made a 2-piece. Fortunately, $400 for a new seat is a bit down the road so I have some time to think about it. Anyone know anything about Granucci seats (http://www.granucciseats.com/index1.htm)? They look cool but are paper thin and probably not very comfortable.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi Blue,
I've got a Mustang and I love it. got a lot input from this board to helped me decide but the best thing I got was the website with the best price www.discountcycleparts.com Good luck with your decision

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Doing fine pick , Like I said in an earlier post I think the Mustang's look better on the classic's. Don't know anything about granucci's. Corbin's take awhile to break in ,there more like a saddle.

·
Rebel Rider
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the suggestions. I think the Mustang wide touring will be the best for 2up riding. I was wanting to get some V&H pipes, but the wife says the seat comes first.

bluestringer

·
Registered
837 Posts
mine is the dual touring seat...you can see it on my scoot in check out my ride forum

1 - 15 of 15 Posts