Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
161 - 180 of 196 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Hi, my names Norm

I’m new to the forum and new to riding.
I have had many dirt bikes in the past. 15 years ago.
Last year my brother decided to get a new 250 Ninja (2012).
So I went and got my license so I could help him learn.
We rode that thing all summer. I probably put 3,000km on it just borrowing it.
This year I have permission from the GF to get my own bike.
I’m thinking about getting the 2013 650R with ABS. I love the look of that bike (Green of course)
I live in Ottawa and the spring season is almost upon us. I just broke my ankle skiing 2 weeks ago so I hope it heals in time.

Great forum. :)

· Registered
3 Posts
what up guys, so i've been through alot of these threads and am less than a week from pulling the trigger on the purchase. Really hard time deciding on the custom or the classic. Which one is better for country roads? Is either one better for riding two up? And is a 900 ok for a first bike? I really don't want to buy a cheap bike to start on because I tend to keep things for a long time.

· Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys I'm Eli. I'm 26 years old and I'm from North Carolina. I just bought a 2013 Ninja 300 ABS (Lime Green/Ebony SE).

My dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer almost 2 months ago. He is a big Harley guy and I wanted to be able to ride with him as much as I can before he reaches a point where he can no longer do so.

This weekend was my first time riding on a street bike. Definitely taking baby steps. I practiced rolling the bike forwards and backwards in my dads shop and I rode in a straight line up and down my driveway. I got a good feel for the clutch and practiced using both brakes. I plan on taking the MSF course in another month or so. I can't wait!

Glad to be a part of the Kawi community!

· Registered
4 Posts
Hi Guys, how's it going.

I used to race a KX250 A5 long time ago, I loved that machine and it 's the only thing I've owned that I wish I still did. :cry:

Anyhoo I've got one of them 84 ZG1300 A1 DFI uglies. I spent a lot of time working on it after I bought it but over the last few years it's been sat in my shambolic lab unattended.

So over the coming winter months I've decided to give it some tlc and I thought why not join a forum where it might be possible to exchange my limited knowledge in the hope that someone might find it useful.

I can't find any pics of it on it's own,,,,,,,,,,here's the lab.:cry:

And a group pic. :)

· Registered
2 Posts
Hi All - New here and new to riding. I rode a little 24 years ago (just joy riding on my friends little Yamaha). Two Saturday's ago I purchased a 2006 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic. Had to have a friend ride it home for me. (no endorsement) I took the BRC through MSF the Saturday after. Last Thursday I made it legal and got my endorsement. My first ride, other than just around the block, was in the rain. I just couldn't wait. I did the same ride a couple days later in the cold 32 degrees to test out my gear. This weekend it snowed :frown:

Anyway - great forum I look forward to reading and posting here

· Warning V2k Onboard
1,585 Posts
Sitting on it NO.
Stand beside the bike, place your right foot on the stand lever, right hand on grab rail or similar over rear wheel left hand on left handlebar. Stand the bike up so both feet of the stand are in contact with the ground, press down on your foot while gently lifting backwards. Most of the work is done by your bodyweight on the lever of the stand, you should only need to lift enough to guide the bike backwards onto the stand.

· Registered
2 Posts
Hello there, I have been riding for about a year now and I'm about to get my full license.

I have been offered a VN800 for a decent price ($4000 Australian).

I know they were very good bikes when they come out, but are the older ones still reliable? Do they make for good second hand bikes or are they better for those with plenty of mechanical skill?

· Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, could use some info here. Just taking the beginners cycle course this coming weekend and need some info on bike fitting. I'm 6'4 and 225 pounds. Looking at a 2009 1700 Vulcan classic LT and wondering if anyone has opinions on whether this bike will work for me in the long run. Really like the looks of it, just don't have any experience riding anything yet

· Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys !!

Thnx for having me here, I'm brand new to this community. I hope it all works out well, so I can get started on my "brand new" :p 1982 KZ750E.
I hope you find the time to look at the post I placed earlier.

Looking forward to talk to you all :)
(my mother tongue is not English, so please don't shoot me should you find some errors in my writing... LOL)

· Registered
2 Posts
Hi All,
Been riding for a long while, fairly new to this forum. I currently ride a 1996 Vulcan 800 classic that I bought new in 1997. Love the bike but I think the years are taking a toll on it. Have a strange noise now that I think is the clutch. I will make a post in the appropriate section.
Thanks for having me!

· Registered
5 Posts
Mike Campbell here, recently purchased my first cruiser, and am now legal for the first time thanks to a MSF class taught at my local Harley Davidson shop.

Bought a 96 Vulcan VM1500D with a Mustang seat, Cobra pipes, and I'm adding a K&N filter and E3 plugs next weekend.

Great bike so far, lots of fun, and a great summer to ride here in SW Michigan.

I do have some questions, when I enter my vin into various sites online it says its a VN1500, but when i look for parts the only D I find is a "Classic"(which actually lists ad a VM1500D1?) my bike doesn't have any Classic badging, how can I tell?

Also it has an air cleaner housing on both sides but only has an air cleaner on the left side, right housing is empty? Was considering using the existing cleaner (that I'm replacing with the K&N) on the other side? thoughts?
I thought I found a kit to replace the unused housing but now I cant find it anymore?

Thanks for providing a place to discuss issues, problems, etc. and I look forward to being a part of this forum for years to come.

Mike

161 - 180 of 196 Posts