Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
41 - 60 of 89 Posts
Discussion starter · #41 ·
Here are some pics of the levers . I went up 2 drill sizes every 2nd hole then counter sunk ( but I got a little chatter on the counter sink bit )

I think it looks pretty good. My only suggestion/feedback would be to use vinyl with more of a glossy finish. That way it blends better with the clearcoated shine of the tank.

Discussion starter · #51 ·
Yeah man those levers turned out great! I'll be doin that for sure with mine. I've got the whole hole thing goin on my bike too. (whole hole? did that sound right?)
When you cut through the ball leave yourself lots of room to shape and do your final shaping with file ..the levers are soft -shaping takes no time at all .

Discussion starter · #52 ·
I think it looks pretty good. My only suggestion/feedback would be to use vinyl with more of a glossy finish. That way it blends better with the clearcoated shine of the tank.
I've only had the vinyl cutter for a week so my selection of vinyl is a little slim ATM. I just used what I had . The red is full gloss and the silver is semi-gloss .

I've only had the vinyl cutter for a week so my selection of vinyl is a little slim ATM. I just used what I had . The red is full gloss and the silver is semi-gloss .
yeah, the 'high gloss' would probably work best. I've been considering having some type of decals made with this stuff: CARBON3™

Google for suppliers and get their catalogs. I bought my cutter from Sign Warehouse and but various vinyl suppliers. I have a Fetters pretty close to where I live but order where I can get the best price.

Discussion starter · #57 ·
Google for suppliers and get their catalogs. I bought my cutter from Sign Warehouse and but various vinyl suppliers. I have a Fetters pretty close to where I live but order where I can get the best price.
Thanx Wayne, I bought 12 rolls just to get started off of Ebay . I'll check out Fetters and USCutter (who I got the cutter from ) .

Discussion starter · #60 ·
Sweet!

awesome risers and bars.......anymore info on them?
The risers are ment for a harley so I had to drill out the top triple to 1/2" holes (or there are adapter bolts availiable from some vendors) . I just decided to re-drill since I dont have a problem using " harley " rises from now on . They are from Hammer Cycles ..If I remember right the tops are the Spikes And not the Impalers (taller) . Here is a link Chrome for harley davidsons, harley davidson triple trees, chrome motorcycle grips

The Bars - They are Custom made by Rock .. (Nick) at Rocks Chops ..He does awesome work . They are based on his Lanespliter 2 design but made to my dimensions = less pullback and longer grip tubes here is the specs I sent him .

Lanespliter 2
1" bars
Height : 6"
Outer base : 8"
Pullback : 2"
Span : 31.5"

Griptubes : 14"

Oh yeah ...Gloss black and Holy

here is his blog . check out his work and styles

Rocks Chops

Beware !!! It took 7 weeks to get them ! ( the price you pay for one off parts )

41 - 60 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.