Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
61 - 80 of 89 Posts
I agree. It makes it looks cheap I think. I think either the stock emblems or nothing at all looks best. When you start putting vinyl on stuff it, to me, looks like Fast and Furious stuff.
The new HD Wide Glide with the flame scheme is actually a decal. ;)

But if he hadn't said so in the original post, you'd never know it wasn't custom painted that way. To me, anyway...
+1 I think it looks great! Especially in the shots of the full bike. Curious to know how easy it is to tell it's a decal up close. Either way, nice job!

Discussion starter · #68 ·
Curious to know how easy it is to tell it's a decal up close.
You can tell from about 3 feet that it's a decal ..Really ..If someone is going to be checking it over that close then either I'm not on it or he's humping my leg . LOL Either way ...it made him look .

what is that on your shift linkage?
Nothing ..I made my own forward extensions and had to extend the shifter linkage ..that snaped into 3 pieces in the accident for I made up a new rod to get it on the road .

You can tell from about 3 feet that it's a decal ..Really ..If someone is going to be checking it over that close then either I'm not on it or he's humping my leg . LOL Either way ...it made him look .

Nothing ..I made my own forward extensions and had to extend the shifter linkage ..that snaped into 3 pieces in the accident for I made up a new rod to get it on the road .

Cool. Would you be able to make more? Mine foot controls are extended 2" and I would like something a little nicer for the shift linkage.

Discussion starter · #70 ·
Cool. Would you be able to make more? Mine foot controls are extended 2" and I would like something a little nicer for the shift linkage.
I suppose I could if I had too ..really it doesn't look all that good and I used the the left handed thread end from my stock one to do it .

Discussion starter · #73 ·
How much do you think it would cost if I went to a machine shop to have something made?
I'm not sure , best bet is just to go in and talk to someone . The price will vary depending on what you want and how willing they are to help with a small one of job . I'm thinking a small machine shop would probably be better for this ( more hands on / less production run) .

Just curious, what program your using to create the graphics, and how much the vinyl cutter was. Been debating buying a used one for a while.

Discussion starter · #77 ·
Just curious, what program your using to create the graphics, and how much the vinyl cutter was. Been debating buying a used one for a while.
For the preview and initial design I work in Photoshop CS2 . That is just the program I'm the most comfortable with . I also use Ilustrator , Inkscape ,Signlab 7 and Signcut . The cutter was about $500 .

For the preview and initial design I work in Photoshop CS2 . That is just the program I'm the most comfortable with . I also use Ilustrator , Inkscape ,Signlab 7 and Signcut . The cutter was about $500 .
You got a buy on the cutter, mine is a 24" and was quite a bit more than that. Software was $1000 after a discount from the original price. Ya Dun Good!!:wink:

Discussion starter · #80 ·
Thanks... I was soo depressed when I killed the bike ..I'm glad that I managed to put it back together ..It all turned out ok ..

61 - 80 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.