Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, im new to the forums and i got a question for you. I have had motorcycle fever forever now and should be getting one this spring. I've checked out different bikes and i think im going with the 2004 kawasaki 1600 mean streak... Now here is my question, unlike some, maybe most, i want it LOUD! I want some pipes where you can hear me from 2 miles down and coming hard, i want to wake up the neighbors... Any suggestions on what kind of pipes i might get? Thank you :D [/b]

·
Proud Owner Of This Forum & Beartooth Kawasaki
2,735 Posts
Welcome to the forum. The Bub Chamber Maids will do it! They sound great and don't blue.

·
Registered
386 Posts
If you want to wake up the neighbors why don't you just set off some firecrackers early in the morning? Then, at least, they'll be disliking fireworks instead of disliking motorcycles.

Loud pipes cause gripes.

If the pipes are straight and the hour is late, its every rider they're going to hate. (Shakespeare I think)

Sherm

·
Ride Naked ..
2,607 Posts
welcome to the site , i got Cobra speedster's on my meanie & it's fairly loud / maybe to loud . my V2K has V&H powershot's with baffles in & its o.k. when taking it easy but has a nice bark when opened up . dont have everyone hate you & your bike , strive for a nice deep rumble down low & a decent bark when opened up away from the neighbor's .

·
Ride Naked ..
2,607 Posts
trikebubble said:
Reserected from the dead. This is one old post. check out the initial post date.
your not wrong there .. the dude is the one post wonder .

·
Registered
410 Posts
not too sound like a party pooper. but check your local laws first. i mean b4 you drop hunderds on pipes! just because others have done it doesnt mean it is legal. i rode down south into N.C. (lake lure) where police were actually pulling bikes over for loud pipes, then they were checking for baffles. i found out that here in PA there is laws, no one yet enforced them but if they wanted too i would be in a world of trouble.. technically if you remove the stock pipes you could get fined. (EPA issues) but no one cares to go that far. i have aftermarket pipes on my bike now, so im not against aftermarket pipes. im just saying over your butt and check your laws first, who knows what you could be setting yourself up for...

chris http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/arkainzeye

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Arkainzeye said:
technically if you remove the stock pipes you could get fined. (EPA issues) but no one cares to go that far. i have aftermarket pipes on my bike now, so im not against aftermarket pipes. im just saying over your butt and check your laws first, who knows what you could be setting yourself up for...
Long Beach California PD is targeting Harleys for aftermarket pipes.
They ae not giving them "fixit tickets", they are getting hit with a $450 EPA fine for removing the catalytic convertor.

Residents have been complaining about the loud Harleys, so the PD are cracking down. I heard this from a friend when I bought my pipes, and confirmed it through two other bikers. They are currently NOT targeting metrics (they probably lack the information on which metrics do and do not have catalytics).

Legally, there are two factors at work. One is the state's noise standard, which is typically 80db. That is compared to the offroad standard of 96db and the AMA Supercross standard of 106db.

The second is the catch-all that declares it illegal to do anything to the exhaust OR the intake that INCREASES the noise level above stock.

So ya... be careful. Keep your ears and eyes open for news about cities that are cracking down on bikers. There is a city in AZ that has literally destroyed tourist business in it and a couple of nearby towns because bikers no longer travel the highway.

·
Registered
110 Posts
bmo said:
.... i want it LOUD! I want some pipes where you can hear me from 2 miles down and coming hard, i want to wake up the neighbors... :D [/b]
I remember the obstacle in the path to 'older and wiser' was getting through 'young and stupid'.
When it comes to waking up the neighbors to get attention, the only one that needs to wake up is YOU.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
RichLockyer said:
Long Beach California PD is targeting Harleys for aftermarket pipes. They ae not giving them "fixit tickets", they are getting hit with a $450 EPA fine for removing the catalytic convertor.
They're trying to get away from fix-it tickets for all types of violations - things like tinted windows, loud car exhausts etc. They just give you a ticket every time they see you.

·
With great power comes...
683 Posts
Give the old timers in Daytona a couple more years and if they have it their way
the only thing left in Daytona will be Nascar.
Remember when MTV Spring Break was at Daytona, not anymore
There are some other events that NO longer take place in Daytona
I know they give out tickets for bikes being TOO loud during bike week
Pretty soon you'll be able to say;
Remember when all those bikers USED to go to Daytona in the Spring.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts