Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
4,181 Posts
I sincerely wish you the best of luck in finding a seal kit or a new rear brake cylinder.

Your bike and mine use the same piston and seal kit and I was unable to find a new one anywhere. If you do find a source please post it here. There are others who are in the same boat. I ended up shortening a new piston to make it fit. It was not an easy task but it worked.

Sometimes used ones show up on Ebay but I was worried they might be in the same or worse condition than mine.

·
Administrator
4,181 Posts
Yeah, Megazip listed parts for my ZN but they did not have it when I inquired. Apparently they take your money and then a week later tell you that part is no longer available. At least that's what some of the reviewers say about Megazip.

Luckily I did not place the order, and emailed them to check stock before I ordered. They responded within a few days to so, no, its no longer available.

But even if they have it, $324 USD? Yikes.

·
Administrator
4,181 Posts
I would look for a similar but newer brake cylinder and adapt it to your ZN. Motorcycle salvage yards are a good place to look. If there is one nearby, take your old one with you to find the best match. You might even find one that bolts right in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts