Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y’all. Just picked up a 85 LTD 700. Need to dig in deep as my rear master cylinder is leaking but I will get there. Learning this is a pretty rare bike to have been chopped up but she’s beautiful and I am proud to have her
Wheel Tire Plant Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have her with an old Harley guy currently and he is rebuilding the cylinder with “other parts”
His words to me were “it’s already a Frankenstein so we are just gonna keep operating” I should have her back in a week or so. I trust this mechanic 100% so I will update when she is home.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It needs just the right size rear fender, preferable something pulled off something vintage. A cut up 1930-31 Model "A" Fender would be just right, sized to fit, right lines. :)
Something to think about! I have an extension piece for the fender that is being put on. But dang what an idea!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I sincerely wish you the best of luck in finding a seal kit or a new rear brake cylinder.

Your bike and mine use the same piston and seal kit and I was unable to find a new one anywhere. If you do find a source please post it here. There are others who are in the same boat. I ended up shortening a new piston to make it fit. It was not an easy task but it worked.

Sometimes used ones show up on Ebay but I was worried they might be in the same or worse condition than mine.
found this. Not sure if the company is legit but…

1 - 5 of 5 Posts