Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been reading for a while and decided to jump in. In had a 2001 ZR7S and loved it. My dad (72) bought a 2007 1600 Classic last year and kept dropping it when he was stopped. He decided to buy something smaller, HD 1200 Low Sportster, nice bike. He offered me the 1600 at a family discount, couldn't pass it up. First cruiser I have ever had, I love it. Put about 1000 miles on it in the last month. He did put a few ding in it. Since he dropped it on both sides there is a dent on each side of the gas tank where the emblem was, I removed them to see how big the were, they are about the size of a silver dollar. Any suggestions on how to remove??? or I may just replace emblem and relocate over dent. This is my first post and first attempt at posting a photo. Photo is not the best but will submit more as I add some bling.

·
Spinach Eating Moderator
22,962 Posts
Welcome Paco, nice ride. Kudos for posting a pic. :D

·
Alf not Elf
3,412 Posts
Nice bike love the two tone paint colors. May I suggest engine guards as your first bling...

·
Registered
10,122 Posts
Welcome mate!!

Nice scoot!! Check out Gadget's site for a dry ice trick to remove your dents. I've never used it but have heard it works pretty good. Ya might wanna add Gadget to your favorites cuz there's a ton of great info there for your 1600!!

Dent Removal

Welcome again & ride safe!! :biggrin: 8)

·
Registered
12,874 Posts
Welcome!!!!
That's a sharp looking 1600!!!!! :tongue:
Pitch gave you a good suggestion for the dents. I have a 900LT that has a dent in the gas tank, but bigger than a silver dollar size :( I'll have to check some body shops and get an estimate. Oh, and hubby did the dent, not me!!!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome!!!!
That's a sharp looking 1600!!!!! :tongue:
Pitch gave you a good suggestion for the dents. I have a 900LT that has a dent in the gas tank, but bigger than a silver dollar size :( I'll have to check some body shops and get an estimate. Oh, and hubby did the dent, not me!!!! :rolleyes:
CheriAnn,
Let me know what the body shops give you for an estimate, I may be doing the same.

Thanks

·
Registered
449 Posts
Yes I can attest to the value of the engine guards. I wish I was good enough to not need them, but being almost new to the bike seen I felt they would be a good investment, plus they look cool. Now if I can just figure out a way to get the scratches off of the crash bars.

Oh and the bike looks good. And try out the gadget site before going to bodyshop.

·
Thanks to all Veterans!!!
16,933 Posts
Yes I can attest to the value of the engine guards. I wish I was good enough to not need them, but being almost new to the bike seen I felt they would be a good investment, plus they look cool. Now if I can just figure out a way to get the scratches off of the crash bars.

Oh and the bike looks good. And try out the gadget site before going to bodyshop.
+1

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Did you try the "ice trick" on the damaged tank yet?
I like to know if that works.
Not yet, I have been to busy. I am going to give it a try between Christmas and New Years, I hope to have free time. When I try it I will post photos.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts