Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just relived my buddy of his 08” VN2000 and WOW, what a kick in the pants :mrgreen:. After riding a Nomad for the last few seasons, it seems like the 2K touches down a little early. Has anyone had issues dragging the floorboards and pipes? Also, since the 2K will be an around town bike I was giving some thought to the stock exhaust; I like the sound, but I think I may like something with a little more tone. The concern I have is with such a large engine would aftermarket pipes make is uncomfortable to ride (or **** off the cagers)?

Thanks Eric,

·
Winter sucks.
1,083 Posts
If you lean over further than the bike then you won't drag as much-- pretend you're cornering a sportbike. I have no problems dragging pipes but I have V&H Powershots on it and there's a lot more clearance-- I think you'd have to go down to drag those suckers.

A kick in the pants indeed! Welcome to the fold! I love mine.

·
Live to Ride
185 Posts
Dragging Pipes

I have scraped my pipes twice. Usually when riding 2 up and accelerating around a corner. I have the stock pipes. Congrats on the bike, I know you will enjoy it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know, I know, I’m currently working on pics. I still have my Nomad and love the hard bags for the trips I take. The V2K is a classic, so no bags yet. I said around town because I just wanted it for the “hotrod” factor. Although, if I do get the opportunity to take a solo trip I will throw a bag on it and head out. I’m just not sure I want to sell the Nomad as the V2K would become my only street legal bike. If it were an LT I may consider it….

Thanks Eric,

·
Registered
765 Posts
If you don't mind the look of the stock pipes, but are just looking for some more rumble I would suggest either partial, or full debaffling as an option, and if you have stock pipes and are scraping them when cornering check to make sure that your 'bank sensors' are installed properly....mine weren't. They are little blocks that mount to the underside of your floorboards to let you know when to ease up, and because the floorboards are universal fit (right or left) the sensors can be mounted to the front or back....because of the slope of the boards, the sensors need to be mounted to the back or they do nothing at all.

·
Registered
15,327 Posts
I know, I know, I’m currently working on pics. I still have my Nomad and love the hard bags for the trips I take. The V2K is a classic, so no bags yet. I said around town because I just wanted it for the “hotrod” factor. Although, if I do get the opportunity to take a solo trip I will throw a bag on it and head out. I’m just not sure I want to sell the Nomad as the V2K would become my only street legal bike. If it were an LT I may consider it….

Thanks Eric,
I wish I had that problem. :lol: :|

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.