Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my motorcycle license last weekend, I'm debating in what to buy, I have my eyes on a 98 ZX750, I've read the topic of that bike being to much bike for a bigginner, but this is the problem, I'm 6 feet tall 210 lbs, if I buy anything smaller the bike will be to small for me, that's why I've decided on a 750, what do you guys think????

Thanx

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
BIKE SIZE

Uncle Vinnie, It's okay! Reading your FORUM input it seems you are pretty set on this bike, an djust want some positive fedback. IF the bike fits you then you can be comfortable on it then it should be okay. We don't know your riding background, or where you live...city, suburban, or wide open desert...all pertaining to traffic situations and mstly focus and awareness of traffic and what everyone else around you is doing. I say that if it is a bike that is comfortable, you are mature enough to keep both wheels on the ground and take the Motorcycle safety class then you should prpbably go for it. Before you do, you may just want to visit the several other bike shops to see how the new ones feel...then you will know if the 98 is the right bike for you. What ever you decide at least stick with us and let us know what you get...and before you get to many miles on teh bike order your Owners Manual and Maintenance Manual through Beartooth and get the Discount prices for them...Th books are full of advice, and are really detailed in how to do things that are difficult to explain to someone over the web unless they hav ethe book in front of them...

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
HERE IT IS

Uncle Vinnie, Just so that I'm not out of character for the rest of the FOURM and wonder if I haven't lost my character...don't forget to get on a Ninja 250R. There are guys on the forum that are much larger tahn you that are riding them daily. it is a good bike cheap on fuel, maintenance, and insurance, and once they are broke in the motor can be spun all the way up to 14,000 RPM where you will find that anything above the 9,000RPM gets you into warp mode towards the 14,000 real fast....sure yo have to work it hard to keep it in the power range, but it is an awesome bike and it's weight makes it real easy to maneuver in tight areas and city streets and even fast rolling hills that twist like ribbon candy! HA, the Ninja 250R...IT LIVES!!!

·
Registered
153 Posts
:D hi Uncle Vinnie,
I just sarted riding again after 20 years. I love my Ninja 500 R. My son rides a Yamaha R1, it is way too much bike for most people. He rides my Ninja and likes it a lot, says it turns quick and is very comfortable. I am short and touch with tip-toes on my bike. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts