Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas and chicas its been along while since i've been on here and unfortunately my bike is still in storage a lil over a month now... I miss her... But can anyone give me some advice on san diego. Me and the misses looking at buying our first house here in escondido. I am stationed at miramar and start work tomorrow. Is there places I should avoid what can't I do to my bike (please don't make me take off my cobras). Some of the best riding areas??? Anything would be nice, we don't hardly know anyone out here and once I get my 900 back I'd love to go for a ride.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well, I was born and raised in San Diego, so maybe I can give you a few quick tips. Escondido is very hot in the summer (like an oven) no breeze at all. It's very crowded, lower class homes, streets are dirty, low end stores in the downtown area, and mostly Hispanic population and a lot of gang problems.

You're much better off buying in Carlsbad, Encinitas, or Del Mar. They're closer to the coast, much cooler in the summer and mostly middle class homes and very little gang problems. If you want to stay in North San Diego County area, you might try Oceanside, Fallbrook, or Bonsall. All good areas and moderately priced homes, although Oceanside is starting to have some gamg problems near the rear gate of USMC Base Camp Pendleton.

The towns of Ramona and Julian are the favorite riding destinations. Dudley's Bakery and Julian apple pie are great. Also some good riding out old Highway 94 toward Tecate on the Mexican border. Lot of riders will head north on Highway 15 to Lake Elsenor and take the Del Dios Highway over to the coast.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool thanks but we cant live too much further away than escondido i work at miramar so i think san marcos is the furthest ima stretch it

·
Registered
180 Posts
Lots of good riding in and around 'the Whale's Vag...'. Go to Temecula and ride the wine country. Eat prime rib at the South Coast Winery. Ride across the Coronado bridge. The PCH is another classic ride.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Lots of good riding in and around 'the Whale's Vag...'. Go to Temecula and ride the wine country. Eat prime rib at the South Coast Winery. Ride across the Coronado bridge. The PCH is another classic ride.
A misconception is that San Diego was named in 1904 by a German. In German, San Diego means "whale's vagina". In actually, in 1542, Spanish Explorer Juan Cabrillo discovered and first named the area San Miguel. The present-day San Diego was given its current name by Spanish explorer Sebastián Vizcaíno, when he was mapping the coastline of California for Spain in 1602.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kewl thank for the ride info and thanks for the history lessons.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts