Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all... I've been looking into getting a Shadow 750, but after seeing and researching the Vulcan 900 Custom I think I may be a changed man, so I thought I'd come to the forum to see what else I can find out! Been riding motorcycles all my life, road and dirt, and can't imagine life without one!...except the last 3 years when the wife made me get rid of the R6 (it had electrical problems anyway, good riddance). There is one 900 Custom I have in mind, and would love to get some feedback on it. 2007 Kawasaki Vulcan Custom 900 I KBB'd it and the retail price came out to like $5300 and trade-in around $3500, so the price seems fair, but let me know what you think and if there's anything in specific (common issues?) I should look for on a test drive! Looking forward to chatting with you all.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, for some reason the full address wasn't in the bar when I copied it, but I refreshed it and got the full addy so it should work now.

·
The 717
1,271 Posts
The 900 is a great bike especially if you like customizing. That looks like a very good price. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I absolutely love this bike! I'm 6'1", 180 lbs and it provides me great mileage (around 45 mpg), great "flickability" for someone my size, and awesome looks.

I understand that the 900s tend to have problems with the stator but mine hasn't had any in that department.

·
Official Bug Taster
361 Posts
I can tell you, I love my 900 and will be keeping her for a while. There are so many possibilities when customising and can run with the big dogs. I personally haven't had any issues to worry about other than the money to get things I want. I am 6'2'' and 245 lbs and get about 45 mpg also.

So thats a good looking bike and it looks like a good price for it. Just be aware that people have asked me "is that a Harley / is that a Victory" (they see the V on the tank)

·
The Bassman Rocketh
25,244 Posts
You'd have a hard time talkin' me into changin' bikes - I love my 900! Single, 2-up, city streets, country roads, superslab - she ain't let me down yet! As far as I'm concerned, you can't go wrong with em!

Welcome to the forum!

·
HD has nothin on a Custom
424 Posts
i absolutely love mine. like you, i was considering the honda as well. about the only kind of fourwheeler i've ever had was a honda, and they have all been bullet proof. but one look and ride of the 900 custom was all i needed. i have never regretted buying it and probably never will.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Couldn't be happier with mine. The only short coming I have found is looking for 6th gear on the superslab. But that is the rider not the bike. lol.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Came from a Shadow 750 to the 900 Custom. The 900 feels smoother with the belt drive. Has more power. Better style with the mono shock. Sits maybe an inch higher and is heavier. But it is an overall win for me as I got a steal like you. Paid $5,000 for an 08 with cobra exhaust and couple helmets thrown in.

·
900mocustom
66 Posts
Welcome to the forums snoobies . As everyone else has already said the 900 is an excellent bike . My only complaint like others is the (IMO) lack of gearing for the suerslab . As far as ride,handling and looks there isnt an easier bike out there like it . I wont be giving up my 900 for several yrs thats for sure.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow it's awesome to see how many of you are completely satisfied with your vulcans... I ended up picking up that blue 900 Custom and even got another $100 knocked off the price to help with some gear. Gonna pick it up Monday after all the paperwork is done! Thanks for the warm welcome... can't wait to learn more about these sweet bikes.

·
Crazy Old Guy
1,189 Posts
Hey congrats on the purchase! Welcome to the 'club'!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I love my 900, looked at and test drove many bikes including the honda, but came back everytime to the 900.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2009 Vulcan 900 Custom SE

I have the black/orange model and love this bike. Im new to the riding era. This is my first bike and I like it alot. I want to add some pipes and also looking to add new air filter, any recommendations? Its the blacked out model?

·
Registered
574 Posts
I agree with everyone else the 900 rocks one of my favorite bikes of all time and i've owned alot !
Can you comment on why the 900 is your favorite compared to the others? I am just curious to hear from someone who has ridden many other types.

·
Lost but making good time
73 Posts
I ride with a friend that has a 750. One thing I really appreciate is the bigger fuel tank on the 900, that extra couple of gallons makes a world of difference on longer rides. The fuel injection, no manual choke, and no emergency fuel cutover switch are all a big plus on the 900 for me also.

·
I'm your Huckleberry
3,317 Posts
Congrats on the new bike...the 900 is really a great all-round bike. I've since moved on, but my 900 Custom was able to do just about anything I asked of it (2-up, backroads, superslab, 'round town, look pretty ;) ). Enjoy!

·
frequently disturbs class
2,220 Posts
Wow it's awesome to see how many of you are completely satisfied with your vulcans... I ended up picking up that blue 900 Custom and even got another $100 knocked off the price to help with some gear. Gonna pick it up Monday after all the paperwork is done! Thanks for the warm welcome... can't wait to learn more about these sweet bikes.

Do I have to say it?
It's tuesday. Where are the photos for the inmates?

Sweet is the operative word. You'll have a heap of fun on the 900c.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts