Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, I'm pretty new to the sport, used to ride about 6 years back, but haven't had abike since...I went out shopping for a new 03' 636 yesterday, and it looks like in a couple of weeks, i'll have 2 bikes in my garage. There's a Honda F4i in there right now, but it's my roomates...i can take it out when i feel like riding. There are a couple of things i'm going to be doing...getting back in the saddle and all. First of all yesterday i picked up a new helmet...nothing special right now just an HJC Switch CL-14. I'll probably end up getting another one in a few months, but for now, this will do...it fits pretty good. I want to get a nice set of Leathers, and I saw a Joe Rocket jacket that was black with a Silver stripe going down the sleeve...it fit really good, and i'm trying to find a place to buy that doesn't charge 400 for the jacket. So if anyone knows of any place to get them for a little cheaper, i'd really appreciate it.

Now are there any tips for a guy pretty much going back to amature riding status that i should be aware of. I took the F4i out yesterday and rode pretty good for about a half hour, but i know that i'm way rusty. Seemed like it could have been more of the older bike, but operator was just jumping on again....anyhow...any tips are greatly appreciated. I can't wait to start riding again.

Loki

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
www.newenough.com for the motorcycle gear, great prices. look in the closeouts and you'll get a great deal on gear.

I'd say take the MSF course if you can, that'll freshen up your skills and help make you a safe rider again.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm taking a 3 day course next weekend...it's free to me, and i think i'll take the course that provides me a little more knowledge on riding during weather conditions. I may have to ride sometimes in the rain, but that all depends on if my truck is torn apart or not...have to bag the truck soon. Anyhow, thanks for the website i'll check it out. A buddy of mine works at cycle gear, so i'll see what he can get me as well.

Loki

1 - 3 of 3 Posts