Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys new to the site i have a 2008 Kawasaki ZZR600 I know there have been alot of threads im sure about power washing your bike but i was just wondering on a zzr600 2008 what are some things to watch out for cause i want to take my bike to the wash thanks

·
MaNaMaNa DoDoDoDoDo
4,767 Posts
Welcome to the forum. And, DON'T take it to a power washer unless the power washer has a very LOW setting. And even then, I wouldn't. Now, post up pics of your ride.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I power wash mine on the lowest setting on my power washer. I am real careful around the decals. I mainly wash the hard parts with it. There is a 40 setting on my power washer nozzle that is what i use. The 0 setting would damage stuff.

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,842 Posts
I've been using a power washer on my bike for 28 years. The worst thing that has ever happened was getting water in the plug wire boots. Pulled them off and blew them out then ran a twisted up paper towel in them and they were good as new and ready to go. You have to use common sense with the power washer. Don't hold the tip too close and it's no more than a hard rain would do.

P.S. Welcome to the forum.

·
Ninja500 Xpert
140 Posts
Hand wash her, your missing half the fun of giving her a sponge bath! I can't wait for winter to be over... :(
I agree. Handwashing and handwaxing is the way to go. I find it relaxing making my baby look all shiny and beautiful. Be one with your bike, don't be lazy, would u rather give your girlfriend a sensual massage in the shower and then ride her, or just spray her down with the hose? I rest my case...

Welcome to the forums dude!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I agree. Handwashing and handwaxing is the way to go. I find it relaxing making my baby look all shiny and beautiful. Be one with your bike, don't be lazy, would u rather give your girlfriend a sensual massage in the shower and then ride her, or just spray her down with the hose? I rest my case...

Welcome to the forums dude!
Loving this post. ;) Lmao.

·
Registered
545 Posts
After being married for 15 years you get what you can when you can. That is why I have a 500R and not a Concours.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts