Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody! Just thought I say hello and introduce myself. I just picked up my first bike a 03 ZX6RR a few weeks ago. I'm still learning the ropes and if I have any questions I hope this forum can help.
Any advise on riding the freeways?

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
welcome aboard. Advice on the freeways, keep away from the big rigs, they push a load of air off their nose and it buffetts around way behind them as well.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

california freeways? stay off of them and take a back road :lol:

welcome and ride safe!! :wink:

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
Re: re

bikeaholic said:
california freeways? stay off of them and take a back road :lol:
I'm more of a backroader anyway and try to keep off the freeways whenever possible.

·
Registered
153 Posts
:D Where is Garden CA? I am near Sacramento till August then the Bay area. About freeways, stay away from other vehicles and don't ride too long at a stretch.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lori03Ninja500R said:
:D Where is Garden CA? I am near Sacramento till August then the Bay area. About freeways, stay away from other vehicles and don't ride too long at a stretch.
Gardena, CA is about 15 miles south :lol:
Thanks! :D

·
Registered
837 Posts
man..from what i've heard about your freeways...stay clear of them..take the senic route and ride safe and welcome to the forum..

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Ride PCH while you get going. Keep in mind if you ride on the freeway you are fighting for space with SUV's and cars that have sheet metal vs your small two wheeled vehicle.

Early morning rides on the freeway before traffic would probably be good so you can used to the freeway on the weekends.

405 is tough with traffic though.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Welcome, im a nOOb too so unfortunately my advice wont help ya much..heh

·
Registered
43 Posts
Our freeways are awful awful awful, especially here in Chico. Think 2 lanes with way too many people, 100 foot long on ramps up a 30-40% grade, with no shoulder once you get up to the freeway level! Better hope it's clear!!! :shock:

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
It's more like 6 lanes and HOV as well (high occupancy vehicle - which includes motorcycles aka diamond lane) down here where he lives.

Have you taken the MSF safety course yet? If not, I would highly recommend it even though you have to shell out some money. Better to learn in a controlled environment.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1Adam12 said:
It's more like 6 lanes and HOV as well (high occupancy vehicle - which includes motorcycles aka diamond lane) down here where he lives.

Have you taken the MSF safety course yet? If not, I would highly recommend it even though you have to shell out some money. Better to learn in a controlled environment.

Yeah, me and my girlfriend took it together. I think everybody who rides a bike should take it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts