Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey whast up im a 17 yrs im a a senior and i own a car a 2001 for mustang it is very cool but my passion is motorcycles and im looking for one but not just any kind it has to have style and fast now what im asking for is any suggestion for a fast motorcycles and nice too i seen this one wiht to eaxust and they look hard but im just looking for a fast and nice motorcycle and that is not really expensive so yea that was it

oh yea i live close to la i was wondering is there any bike clubs here thanks

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
fast

well these guys prolly know what i'm gonna say:

kawi - mean streak
harley- sportster

:twisted:

·
Registered
56 Posts
kawi

I am all for the kawi ninja 500 as a starter bike. maybe a suzuki GS500... those are nice starters too. Don't go straight for the gold tho, you'll be wreaked if you drop a nice shiney new bike. And as everyone as told me "expect to have a repairable accident within the first year of riding. You're young and I don't know what you exprience level is, just be careful. I took a motorcycle riding course that provided the bike and waived the trip to the DMV to take the test and it was great for learning the hard stuff. So my prejudice suggestion: 500cc are fast enough for learning the first year or so, ninja's have decent torque and are fun :twisted:

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Darkninja is right, bikes are way faster than cars. Start with under 5o hp preferably on a good used bike and when you'll have a full season or two under your belt you can start thinking of a really fats bike.

Over 500cc Ninja's,Gixxers or Cbr's are actual racing bikes that will only magnify any beginner mistakes you may make. You're only 17 so take the time to do it right and you'll be riding for a long time.

Take MSF and after you've ridden for a while take their advanced rider course. Track school is also a good way to go further down the road.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
take the MSF as soon as you can, before you even get a bike, they provide you with one. A used 500R will cost you half of what a new one would, and it hurts less when you drop/lay it down. Trust me, it is rare that you won't, I just nearly dropped mine yesterday while putting it on its centerstand in the garage. 250R is a good starter, but you might outgrow it fast, 500R is better for some longterm use.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WELL THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP
SO YEA I HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION YOU IM BERLY STARTING TO LEARN ABOUT ALL THE BIKES ANY ONE HERE A GOOD WEBSITE THAT TEACHES EVERYTHING LIKE ABOUT THE GEARS AND STUUF
OH YEA AND LIKE WHAT IS THE TOP SPEED OF BIKE??/
THANKS FOR PUTTING UP WIHT MY DUMB QUESTION

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
dunno about a good site, lots you can learn just by asking.

to answer the question about top speed: it is faster than you ever need to go. (500R = 140mph)

·
Registered
56 Posts
No question is a dumb question. The more you learn that safer you'll be and the more prepared you'll be when the unforeseen happens. All terribly important for riding.

·
Registered
613 Posts
If you are looking to learn about bikes go and pick up some magazines and start reading. Here are some websites for the magazines I read : Sportrider, Cycle World, and MotorCyclist. These are mainly for sportbikes, but they have good info on other bikes too. Try SoCalSportbike Messageboard its a southern California messageboard for sportbike riders.

I have to agree with Freakinout definitly take the MSF course (California Motorcycle Training) as soon as possible. They provide a bike and teach you everything you need to know about riding, including all about the gears and stuff. :lol:

I hope this helps. Good Luck

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
yeah, the 500R is pretty cool. Hey buddy periods ae or friends lol, just messin with ya, its just hard to tell when to start a new sentence, i read your first post as one big sentence, or you can use commas, like i do :D

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
guess what zx-2r? ima suggest this guy a suzuki gs500f and a suzuki sv650. depending on your size and mental preparedness. i suggest a gsx-r600. but ye be warned. this is not a bike to be wreckless on. it does not forgive.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts