Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance to move up to a 04 nomad 1500cc 16000 miles with a light bar, drivers back rest, and rear rack. only seen 1 small scratch in the one of the hard bags. It looks good and sits nicer then a 1600 nomad I didn't take it for a ride yet. The asking price is 8,400. The dealer will come down. So what is a good price??? thanks

·
Ahhh Crap
2,344 Posts
Check with NADA or Kelly Blue Book on line and go from there. Not many miles for a three year old bike and the backrest plus tail rack are very useful accessories.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Blue Book Dealer retail for a used '04 Nomad in California is about $8,700, so if he'll come down from $8,400, it's all icing on the cake, especially if it is a NEW bike (previously unsold) or practically zero miles.

·
Registered
24 Posts
definitely check out nada. that's what most dealers use to price their wares. i himmed and hawwed about a bike one dealer was holding, and their price. they came down a grand, threw in discounts on their merchandise, as well as a new tire and battery and service to boot.

the power of the nada book is a lot

·
Registered
172 Posts
I listed mine on ebay (06 with 15k) with 7500 as start and 8000 reserve and didn't get a single bid. I guess it depends on where you are. Location, location, location.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Benchmark Sites

Another good source for comparison prices is CycleTrader.com as you can see what other bikes are being offered for by both dealers and individuals.

Between the other sources that have been mentioned and cycletrader you should have a pretty good view of what the bikes are currently being priced at.

Good Luck and enjoy the bike buying process!!!

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
I listed mine on ebay (06 with 15k) with 7500 as start and 8000 reserve and didn't get a single bid. I guess it depends on where you are. Location, location, location.
That's private party sale though.... always much lower than "dealer retail".

·
Registered
172 Posts
fwiw, put it back up on ebay with a BIN price of 8500 and a guy a couple of hours away scarfed it up.

All about finding someone that wants what you are selling I guess.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts