Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a moderately mechanically inclined individual that came across two GPZ 750s (83 and 84) and am now in the process of making the two into one. I am however a bit perplexed by the fuel tank hookups. I was wondering if anyone on here could give me a bit of a talk through...find pictures attached of hoses and tank...thanks!!

Shawn

^Hoses

^Tank Bottom

·
Registered
11,328 Posts
I'll take a stab at it:

I suspect your gas tank has a vacuum petcock(fuel control valve) It probably has the word "Prime" on it somewhere, this should be used to get gas to the carbs and then moved to the other position as prime can cause you to run out of gas with no reserve left in the tank.

The vacuum petcock has a diaphram that can develope tears or leaks over time especially with the alcohol/gas blends sold.The smaller fitting should be the vacuum line hook up.

The vacuum source may come off of one or more carbs at a "Tee" fitting or similar set up.

Looking at the bottom of the tank(on the left side) I see the over flow collection cap with a fitting for a drain line. This keeps any gas from getting on the engine if the fuel sensor developes a leak.

The electrical wires should mate with a matching connector for the fuel level sensor.

I'd recommend getting a good shop manual on E-bay, Repair Manual Catalog Online - RepairManual.com or ManualsNMore.com Original Factory Service and Repair Manuals

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for all the help, I am definitely taking the advice to procure the repair manual. I'll keep you all posted as I resurrect this old girl.

Shawn

1 - 4 of 4 Posts