Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a hell of a lot of procrastinating and pouring through different threads on this web site on the subject, I finally went out and got a new set of Vance & Hines Staggered Slash Cut pipes for my VN900. :eek:

Got a great deal from MeanCycles who also shipped out to me in the middle of Australia for very little cost... and it got here in a week! :-o

I got to install them today, and all my concerns about how difficult it could be were very quickly allayed. :shock: I took my time and completed both the removal of the stocks and the installation in just over 2 hours.

For those of you who are in the position I've been lately (wondering whether I should get them or not) I reckon just get them... you wont regret it - they look and sound fantastic!!:D

Here's a link to a video of the before and after sounds that I uploaded onto YouTube... (I think it's still loading!!:redface: )
YouTube - Vance & Hines Staggered Slash Cut Pipes for VN900

Cheers,

Peter.

Edit: I've just checked the video and unfortunately my video camera automatically adjusts the volume, so you can't tell how much louder the new pipes are except for the fact that you can't hear me as well because the volume has been adjusted down to compensate for the louder pipers! You do get to hear the great tone though... and just imagine they are a bit louder than on the video!

·
Maine vulcan rider
686 Posts
Enjoy the new toys, nice scoot. Pretty amazing to get a set of pipes from Miami to Australia in a week. Its nice when the global economy works to our advantage. More importanly do you ride year round in the land down under and is it true that women out number men and there mostly hot.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Enjoy the new toys, nice scoot. Pretty amazing to get a set of pipes from Miami to Australia in a week. Its nice when the global economy works to our advantage. More importanly do you ride year round in the land down under and is it true that women out number men and there mostly hot.
Yeah, where I am you can... although it gets a bit hot in the middle of summer (about 115F in the shade!). A bit hot under the lid at times.:???:
And to answer your other questions... that would be yes and definately yes!! :-D That's what my missus says anyway!!

·
Love my 1500!
2,460 Posts
Nice! I love my V&H pipes too. Tell me that those weren't your painted toenails I saw briefly in the video. :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.