Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have taken the plunge and decided to put my GL1800 Goldwing in Part exchange for a new VN1600 Classic.
Main reasons being that the wing has become heavy and a bit uncomfortable on long runs, with a pain in my right shin being the major problem. Something to do with the leg position, allied with encroaching old age. This does not happen on my ST1300 and the cruiser position does not cause this pain, so the swap will go ahead this weekend.
I have attached a photo of the bike as it is now, but when I have it delivered it will have a windshield and lowers as well as a sissy bar fitted.:D

Attachments

·
Registered
10,122 Posts
Welcome & nice lookin scoot!

Yup, the 1600 is a winner for sure!! Don't forget the pics with the new goodies!

Ride safe & post often :biggrin: 8)

·
Custom '07 1500 Classic
1,737 Posts
Great graphics... That is one sweet ride you have there.... Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new bike, you're going to love it...

·
The Widows Son
9,126 Posts
Sweet ride, congrats on the trade! Oh, and welcome to the forum :p

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
so...you gonna ride to our Red Lodge event?

;)

·
Patriot Guard Rider
322 Posts
Welcome to you and your pretty blue friend!! Glad to have you on the forum...good luck with the new 1600. Hope you don't mind smiling cause you won't quit when you're on that ride! I know my grin from my 1600 has been permanently plastered on my face!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I always used to have that sort of smile on the wing.

I will be in Washington in August 08, taking a 12 day tour of the North West on a Harley. The Ferry costs were too much to ship my own bike over:lol:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Welcome!

I went from the GL1500 Goldwing to the VN1600 ( my first cruiser ) a few years back and loved the change. I'm sure you will too!

But be warned this eventually led to a VN2000 LT! LOL!

Enjoy!

Was :)

·
Registered
324 Posts
Welcome UK partner. Smart looking 1600, the paint job is sweet. Lets hope the weather here in the UK gets a little better soon and as someone said...we need more pics...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts