Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys...I am new to this site and Kawasaki cruisers. I just picked up a 1998 Kawasaki Vulcan 800B Classic. The previous owner laid it down and damaged the front end. The fork tubes are bent.

My question is, what front ends will fit on this thing? I found a good deal on a used front end from a Vulcan A (Not a Classic like mine). I know the front end looks different, but I like the style better than the classics "fat" look. Will this front end bolt up? I would also like to change the rear fender to the regular style also. Anyone know if it will bolt up?

I am having a lot of trouble locating the correct front end, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Randy

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
welcome, get that thing back on it wheels and let us see the before and after pics

·
Registered
524 Posts
Ya what they said & by the way welcome to the fourm.

:cool: Look at me made it to 2nd gear...

·
Sprinting G-Man
4,169 Posts
Hey Randy,

Welcome to the forum! Keep us posted on your progress.

Scott

·
Registered
116 Posts
Welcome!!!!

·
37,387 Posts
Mangler said:
Ya what they said & by the way welcome to the fourm.

:cool: Look at me made it to 2nd gear...
Wooo hoooo Mangler, how was that shift between gears? :)

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
welcome to the forum Randy, hopefully you heard some good stuff and you are on your way to getting them wheels rolling. definitely keep us posted and send some pics whenever you can as well.

Mangler
congrats ! glad that shift was a smooth one !

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Welcome Randy! :)

Sorry I can't be of help as I'm not familiar with your bike. Someone here will point you in the right direction.

spok....you have way to much time on your hands! ;)

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
randymbtech said:
Hi guys...I am new to this site and Kawasaki cruisers. I just picked up a 1998 Kawasaki Vulcan 800B Classic. The previous owner laid it down and damaged the front end. The fork tubes are bent.

My question is, what front ends will fit on this thing? I found a good deal on a used front end from a Vulcan A (Not a Classic like mine). I know the front end looks different, but I like the style better than the classics "fat" look. Will this front end bolt up? I would also like to change the rear fender to the regular style also. Anyone know if it will bolt up?

I am having a lot of trouble locating the correct front end, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Randy
Randy I'll give you a little more input, the reason the forks on the classic look different is because they have sheilds over the down tubes like the 1500's the A's don't have them. The down tube's on both 800's are the same as well as the 1500's (1500's have different triple trees) If the fork's are bent pretty bad? I would also look real close at the neck of the frame too. (possibly bent as well) If it is it won't track worth a cr*ap until you get it back in line as well. It is fixable, if you can find a good wrench that know's about alignment an using a torch. Now the fenders, the rear fender strut's for either 800 will bolt up with the frame so swaping fender's will be a piece of cake.

·
37,387 Posts
whistle clean said:
Welcome Randy! :)

Sorry I can't be of help as I'm not familiar with your bike. Someone here will point you in the right direction.

spok....you have way to much time on your hands! ;)
I agree, I do have too much time on my hands, I wish it was good riding weather when work is so slow.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for all of the help guys, I really appreciate it. I'll have to take some "before" pics of this thing. A friend of mine laid it down pretty good, and it has been sitting for 3 years.

I am still having trouble locating a front end. The motorcycle salvage places want over $1000 for one. That is out of my price range. I keep looking on ebay, but nothing yet. Anyone have any suggestions on where to find a used front end?

Thanks again guys.

Randy

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
randymbtech said:
Thanks for all of the help guys, I really appreciate it. I'll have to take some "before" pics of this thing. A friend of mine laid it down pretty good, and it has been sitting for 3 years.

I am still having trouble locating a front end. The motorcycle salvage places want over $1000 for one. That is out of my price range. I keep looking on ebay, but nothing yet. Anyone have any suggestions on where to find a used front end?

Thanks again guys.

Randy
Randy get some pic's so we can see just how bad the front end is. If the triple tree's an frame are okay,an the wheel, brake, head light are salvageable ,you might get away wth just replacing the down tube's? I know a place where you can just buy them . I've seen on ebay triple tree's alone for $100 of less. I think we might be able to piece together a new front end cheaper this way . Don't know for sure but we'll need to see some pic's so we'll know what all we're looking for. Keep us posted ,beside's these guy's want to learn a little more about bike's than just bolting on accessories.

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
spok said:
I agree, I do have too much time on my hands, I wish it was good riding weather when work is so slow.

spok....you do know I was hinting at your title, right? ;)

I agree with riding and work being slow. This somehow should become a work standard for all owners of motorcycles......when it's nice out.....we can leave work and go ride. :)

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
whistle clean said:
spok....you do know I was hinting at your title, right? ;)

I agree with riding and work being slow. This somehow should become a work standard for all owners of motorcycles......when it's nice out.....we can leave work and go ride. :)
Work always does get in the way of riding doesn't it. :mad: But it does help pay the bill's, an more importantly the credit card for the bike.<BG>

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
woodchucks800 said:
Work always does get in the way of riding doesn't it. :mad: But it does help pay the bill's, an more importantly the credit card for the bike.<BG>

HUH??? Ya mean I have to pay all that $$$ back??? LOL :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts